Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    rob3786 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    Default What could end the casino affiliate business?

    What could end the casino affiliate business?

    I think I asked this once before but I cant remember. I think before people said harrahs and MGM getting involved but the majority of people said they doubted it.
    Jackpot Avenue- www.jackpotavenue.com

  2. #2
    YuraK is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2003
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    348
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 30 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    IMHO WW3 or global internet crash.
    Can't see any current trend that can stop the thing.

  3. #3
    elgoog's Avatar
    elgoog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    807
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 297 Times in 195 Posts

  4. #4
    Madnesz's Avatar
    Madnesz is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2007
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Well, unfortunetaly I believe that the online gambling market could die pretty soon. The EU will soon release a statement if EU countries will have to open up their market for foreign gambling operators. If they decide negative, we will pretty much see the end of online gambling. Comparable measures to the UIGEA will then probably be taken, and without the USA and the EU, there is not much left...

    I know that the Netherlands can't wait to prohibit financial institutions from making transactions with gambling operators, but these can not be put into practice before the EU has decided on the subject. Other EU contries will probably do the same (look at France and Germany).

    Let's hope the EU makes a wise decision and will regulate the market! Otherwise we will probably have to move to the forex market...
    My websites:
    Casino Bonus King - Honest information about casino bonuses
    Backgammon Info - Lots of information for backgammon payers
    Trade Crude Oil - Community for individuals that want to trade oil
    Forex Currency - Community for the forex trader

  5. #5
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,064
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,631
    Thanked 3,520 Times in 2,199 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madnesz View Post
    Well, unfortunetaly I believe that the online gambling market could die pretty soon. The EU will soon release a statement if EU countries will have to open up their market for foreign gambling operators. If they decide negative, we will pretty much see the end of online gambling. Comparable measures to the UIGEA will then probably be taken, and without the USA and the EU, there is not much left...

    I know that the Netherlands can't wait to prohibit financial institutions from making transactions with gambling operators, but these can not be put into practice before the EU has decided on the subject. Other EU contries will probably do the same (look at France and Germany).

    Let's hope the EU makes a wise decision and will regulate the market! Otherwise we will probably have to move to the forex market...
    I'm going to have to disagree with you...

    The UIGEA hasn't stopped anything... and I doubt a negative decision by the EU will stop anything either..

    If there is a will there is a way...
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    Engineer (18 July 2008), rob3786 (18 July 2008)

  7. #6
    rob3786 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    I have to agree, I think it will be unlikely online gambling would be completely banned. There is too much money to make for everyone plus the UK for example is really enjoying the progress of online gambling. What are they going to do next ban all online pornography?

    I think there is an end to any business but if you weigh up the situation its fairly unlikely online gambling is going anywhere soon
    Jackpot Avenue- www.jackpotavenue.com

  8. #7
    aksana's Avatar
    aksana is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 261 Times in 196 Posts

    Default

    Online gambling won't be banned, because there is really too much money. It will be regulated, taxed and etc., but won't be banned, never...

  9. #8
    bb1web's Avatar
    bb1web is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    onlinebettingbuddy.com
    Posts
    1,481
    Thanks
    592
    Thanked 412 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    Hi all,

    I'm not as sure as some that regulation will do our part of the industry a whole lotta good.

    I very much hope I'm wrong but I think you'll see a lot of smaller shops close up and call it a day if/when Vegas comes on line and if/or not they choose to allow affiliates.

    and I doubt it will be anything like we know today.

    before you go start the car in the garage and don't open the door, many think the difference in numbers of players will make up for what we'll lose as affiliates in terms of bottom line and they're a lot smarter folks than myself.
    Almost Here! How would you like to be able to get not just one sign up from your player, or even a couple, but every single casino they join from here on? I've a plan that can make that happen and it will likely also tell you every time the player is active within the casino.

    Gambling Affiliate Place
    Slot Machine Games
    Casinos Accepting USA Players
    Real Time Gaming Slots
    slots tip
    avoid non paying casinos

  10. #9
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    As long as the Internet remains legally accessible, there will also be millions of online gamblers, no matter what this or that government or nation does to stop this trend. Therefore, there has to be a service for these millions of consumers. Only affiliates can provide such a service on global basis. However, the life of affiliates will not be easy. We will have to find better ways of marketing and binding customers to our sites in a multilingual, multicultural and global arena. I think international partnerships between small affiliates will become necessary to cope with such a scenario.

  11. #10
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    What could end the casino affiliate business?
    Sitting idle and letting some programs get away with cheating in every sense of the word. Thousands of affiliate should shoot for a common goal, a value we all share?

    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/888-warni...ge-176262.html

    pgaming

  12. #11
    villa10 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    The UIGEA will remain for years IMO, but at least the USA market is not longer a gray area. A restricted market but still there.

    The EU court was very clear with the "italian case". It is illegal to restrict EU residents the access to online gambling. A future regulation can not change this.

  13. #12
    robertmedl's Avatar
    robertmedl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2006
    Location
    Loveland, OH
    Posts
    450
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 128 Times in 93 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb1web View Post

    I very much hope I'm wrong but I think you'll see a lot of smaller shops close up and call it a day if/when Vegas comes on line and if/or not they choose to allow affiliates.
    continuing this line of thought....

    i have no doubt that my business is done if and when the US makes it legal to gamble online. my reasoning:
    • the US is my largest market.
    • i suspect that land-based casinos already have online gambling servers, software, etc. up and running in a well-tested environment. it is just a matter of throwing a switch and they would be live and ready to go. even if i am wrong, it would take them a month -- tops -- to get it going.
    • land-based casinos have spent years and $millions building their brand. it would not take much more money to flood the internet, tv, and radio with their messages that 'online gambling is now legal, come on over to xyz.com, which you a have known and trusted for years'
    • land-based casinos have no need for affiliates. they will rely on their already existing, proven marketing divisions. see previous point.
    • consumers will go to the web and go directly to xyz.com rather than having to go through some intermediate site such as mine to find what they are looking for.
    try this experiement -- think of a casino. how long did that take... about a 1/2 second? this is my point.... if the US makes it legal to gamble online, consumers that are looking to gamble online will go to the one that they think of first, like harrahs, ceasars, rio, etc.

    just my $0.02....

  14. #13
    bradz21 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2007
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts

    Default U.s

    Quote Originally Posted by robertmedl View Post
    continuing this line of thought....

    i have no doubt that my business is done if and when the US makes it legal to gamble online. my reasoning:
    • the US is my largest market.
    • i suspect that land-based casinos already have online gambling servers, software, etc. up and running in a well-tested environment. it is just a matter of throwing a switch and they would be live and ready to go. even if i am wrong, it would take them a month -- tops -- to get it going.
    • land-based casinos have spent years and $millions building their brand. it would not take much more money to flood the internet, tv, and radio with their messages that 'online gambling is now legal, come on over to xyz.com, which you a have known and trusted for years'
    • land-based casinos have no need for affiliates. they will rely on their already existing, proven marketing divisions. see previous point.
    • consumers will go to the web and go directly to xyz.com rather than having to go through some intermediate site such as mine to find what they are looking for.

    try this experiement -- think of a casino. how long did that take... about a 1/2 second? this is my point.... if the US makes it legal to gamble online, consumers that are looking to gamble online will go to the one that they think of first, like harrahs, ceasars, rio, etc.

    just my $0.02....
    The U.S is my strongest market as well. I hope that doesn't happen, but it is very possible....

    Brad

  15. #14
    villa10 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robertmedl View Post
    continuing this line of thought....


    i have no doubt that my business is done if and when the US makes it legal to gamble online. my reasoning:land-based casinos have no need for affiliates. they will rely on their already existing, proven marketing divisions. see previous point.
    consumers will go to the web and go directly to xyz.com rather than having to go through some intermediate site such as mine to find what they are looking for.
    try this experiement -- think of a casino. how long did that take... about a 1/2 second? this is my point.... if the US makes it legal to gamble online, consumers that are looking to gamble online will go to the one that they think of first, like harrahs, ceasars, rio, etc.

    just my $0.02....
    I disagree with this.

    If you take a look to Commission Junction , the largest corporations in the US are always looking for affiliates in all kind of industries, including the major Banks, Credit Cards, Hotel chains, Pharmacy chains, etc etc.

    The precription drugs industry is much bigger than the gambling. However Wallgreens and others were unable to saturate the Internet and eliminate competition.
    The net is a social and info network. It is not the street.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to villa10 For This Useful Post:

    robertmedl (22 July 2008)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •