DecimalG is offline New Member
    Thanks

Question What to do with non-monetized gambling traffic?

Hi guys,

I have this problem with my gambling affiliate site. I have several geos that are not monetized at all, I have almost no registrations and FTDs on them, but there is quite a lot of traffic. I have been trying to profit from these Tier-2 and Tier-3 geos for a long time now, but so far I have had no success with it. I have already tried different brands on these geos, local to these geos and non-local, but the result is the same.

As far as I understand, Google does not allow AdSense to be used on gambling sites. So maybe someone knows some other methods of contextual advertising. Maybe someone knows what are the alternative methods of traffic monetization? I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Best regards,
    DecimalG

universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 Times in 5,242 Posts

What geo?

Rick
    Universal4

Thanks

All I can say is that one geo is a Tier-3 geo in Africa and the other is a Tier-2 geo in Europe.

PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Well, you can partner up with one of those banner ad companies, you'd get like $2 for each 1000 impressions, if that's wort it at all.
    Do you actually have any idea why this traffic is not converting, I mean if you tried pushing brands local to those geos, surely it should have had some effect. Or do these visitors come with some completely different intention?

Thanks

Thanks for the banner ad companies idea, I'll look into it.

Regarding the intent of visiting my site, it seems so. They spend some time on the site, but almost never follow the link and do not convert.

petimi is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah, Adsense used to be pretty strict on that, but I noticed the past year they hadn't bothered so much and treat content much more loose.
    What I did on one of my "mixed" traffic sites is to get a plugin that can show ad blocks based on content categories and I excluded the gambling related ones.
    Another thing that could work to try Adsense alternatives like Ezoic, or native ad serving platforms like OutBrain, RevContent, Taboola. Some of these have quite high min. traffic entry requirements but it might fit your site.

Thanks

Thank you very much for your reply Petini. I will definitely try these services.
    As for Adsense, that's interesting information, but I have a site purely with gambling traffic, so I probably won't be able to do as you said.

dannyx is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Surely these are real users? Sometimes some sites take a liking to Bots and only seem to get real traffic. It is worth filtering this by collecting data.

jessikahueber is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Hello DecimalG,
    how did you decide that you have a lot of traffic on the sites? With what tool?
    Because this whole situation is unlikely. If you have a lot of traffic and links are in the right region and everything is ok with brands (working payment systems, true bonuses), then registrations are simply inevitable.
    Check everything again with GSC and Google Analytics.

Regards,
    J

dannyx is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jessikahueber View Post
    Hello DecimalG,
    how did you decide that you have a lot of traffic on the sites? With what tool?
    Because this whole situation is unlikely. If you have a lot of traffic and links are in the right region and everything is ok with brands (working payment systems, true bonuses), then registrations are simply inevitable.
    Check everything again with GSC and Google Analytics.

Regards,
    J
    The registrations are not entirely certain.

I think a lot depends on the theme of the site. For example, a live sports results site may have very high traffic and few registrations.