Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Who's to Blame?

  1. #1
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default Who's to Blame?

    After reading and thinking about convertions i wanted to ask and at the same time point something.

    As i understand converting players is a problem for both affiliates and operator. While looking on my stats i see some changes that made me think why this happened.

    After some months i receive from one brand near 100 signups/month for around 3 months, while at other brands i did not get nothing. Those players was converting well, varing from small to bigger deposits.
    Now the situation change because on that brand i am getting very low sign ups and deposits as well and on other brands i see some positive changes, some more sign ups appear.

    Please note that the last 5 months i did not make any update on my site, i did not touch nothing.

    So i want to understand if it is my fault cause i dont know how to convert players and send them correctly to operators or operators cannot convert the sign ups that i send.

    Maybe i am not 100 % clear in what i am asking for but i am sure every affiliate was and it is in this changing situation.

    Thank you and i wish a blessed New Year for everyone including chairman and all team of this wonderful website.
    Last edited by kazinoportal; 31 December 2014 at 9:39 am.
    Your Best Teacher is Your Last Mistake!

  2. #2
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 243 Times in 195 Posts

    Default

    Is it possible that the brand that was working well for you have changed their conditions? Example, ended a bonus offer or promotion, changed the terms, or maybe even got some bad press or review.

    If at one point you were getting sign ups and deposits, then it suggests you're not doing anything wrong.

    But conversions can depend on the type of traffic you are sending. Maybe a few months ago this might have been traffic that was suited to the brand in question, but time moves on and maybe not any longer.

    It might pay to fully understand how and why the visitors are landing with you (if you don't already) and then clicking through to an operator - make sure that the operators/offers you are presenting to visitors are congruent (matched) with the reason why they clicked.

    I'm guessing this is Albanian traffic....and you have a limited supply of new visitors. Maybe some of the visitors you're getting already have accounts with the operators you're presenting to them.

    Just some ideas.


    PS Welcome back!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    kazinoportal (31 December 2014)

  4. #3
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaumi View Post
    Is it possible that the brand that was working well for you have changed their conditions? Example, ended a bonus offer or promotion, changed the terms, or maybe even got some bad press or review.

    If at one point you were getting sign ups and deposits, then it suggests you're not doing anything wrong.

    But conversions can depend on the type of traffic you are sending. Maybe a few months ago this might have been traffic that was suited to the brand in question, but time moves on and maybe not any longer.

    It might pay to fully understand how and why the visitors are landing with you (if you don't already) and then clicking through to an operator - make sure that the operators/offers you are presenting to visitors are congruent (matched) with the reason why they clicked.

    I'm guessing this is Albanian traffic....and you have a limited supply of new visitors. Maybe some of the visitors you're getting already have accounts with the operators you're presenting to them.

    Just some ideas.


    PS Welcome back!
    Thank you Chaumi, always here to give an answer

    I think all your ideas exist, this is the way how things move, and yes it is Albanian traffic and it is very possible that are the same visitors opening accounts on other brands.

    Have a wonderful New Year's Eve!
    Your Best Teacher is Your Last Mistake!

  5. #4
    wettFORM.AT's Avatar
    wettFORM.AT is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Very good question. The most interesting fact is that you did not make any changes so we can exclude updates on your site as a changing factor. It could be that the operators changed their offers that makes more/less sign ups but I would always check the visitor source as well. Have a look at where your visitors come from what is the landing page and what is the last page before the visitor will be forwarded to the operators site. Maybe you can find the answer when you combine the traffic source (maybe keyword as well) and the visitor behaviour on your site.
    wettFORM.AT
    Wett Tipps, Buchmacher, Tippspiel

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to wettFORM.AT For This Useful Post:

    kazinoportal (2 January 2015)

  7. #5
    thepogg's Avatar
    thepogg is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Posts
    711
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 620 Times in 303 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wettFORM.AT View Post
    Very good question. The most interesting fact is that you did not make any changes so we can exclude updates on your site as a changing factor. It could be that the operators changed their offers that makes more/less sign ups but I would always check the visitor source as well. Have a look at where your visitors come from what is the landing page and what is the last page before the visitor will be forwarded to the operators site. Maybe you can find the answer when you combine the traffic source (maybe keyword as well) and the visitor behaviour on your site.
    It's also very possible that this is related to the webdesign that the operators are using. Small changes make a big difference. Or the saturation and exposure to the market of the operator. At the top of my lists I have several casinos offering very similar bonuses, but one of them converts markedly better than all of the others. As the bonus offers are the same and the exposure on my site is very similar I have to presume that this is due to something the operator is doing. Whether they have a better landing page, a more efficient sign-up process or even that they're just not getting as much exposure currently elsewhere (or historically) I don't know for sure, but the answer likely lies within those points.
    Casino Reviews, Casino Complaints, Terms and Conditions Monitoring and the biggest Slots RTP resource on the web -
    thepogg.com - POGGWebmasters.com

    ThePOGG Auditing Service

    "I've got nothing left, It's kind of wonderful, 'Cause there's nothing they can take away"

    Broken Bells

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepogg For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (1 January 2015), kazinoportal (2 January 2015)

  9. #6
    wettFORM.AT's Avatar
    wettFORM.AT is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    thepogg you are absolutely right. There can be many factors that influence the conversion. You need to copy the exact way the visitor goes from the search result or link to your site until the registration and the deposit at the bookmakers page is done. Then you can find the very small differences that make a player do the registration or not.
    wettFORM.AT
    Wett Tipps, Buchmacher, Tippspiel

  10. #7
    kazinoportal's Avatar
    kazinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thepogg View Post
    I don't know for sure, but the answer likely lies within those points.
    Very true!

    THank you friends
    Your Best Teacher is Your Last Mistake!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •