vamius is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default Why does gambling affiliate industry have so many stats and payment issues?

I make money from the internet for the past 20 years. I've worked in many industries (mostly affiliate) and I've never experienced issues like im experiecing in the gambling industry.

I currently promote 10 gambling affiliate programs and half of them have stats and payment issues every single month. In this industry when you miss stats for weeks or even months, that is considered to be normal? When your payment is a month or two late, that is also just a regular stuff?

I mean how hard can it be to automatize the stats and payments process... are tech people in the gambling industry retarded or is this being done on purpose? I dont get it.

Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vamius View Post
    are tech people in the gambling industry retarded or is this being done on purpose? I dont get it.
    A mixture of both. It has been getting worse and worse in recent years too. Getting accurate stats and chasing payments takes me way more time now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mattbar For This Useful Post:

drifter8 (24 July 2022)

Revenuelab is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

If we talk about payment, I suppose, the main reason is the niche is mostly "grey" (anyway), if we talk about stats, the main reason is that the platforms are not very advanced in terms of technology.

vieirarodrigo is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I hope I don't have a problem, so far I haven't had a problem with the best place I work at Bet365.

AussieDave is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,006 Times in 1,145 Posts

Simple answer GREED.

It's not enough for some programs to earn X (a tidy sum from their partners). Instead of being happy with 100K, they want $200K. When they get that, they want $500K... Eventually the only way to get $500K etc., is to steal from their partners.

Can't recall the owner's name but there's an operator who resides in Canada. He boasts about owning 12 Ferrari's. His last Ferrari was flown in, and accompanying that flight were about 4 technicians from Ferrari, their job, to set the car up when delivered.

He acquired all these from cheating his affiliates...

Lets take the "Admin Fees" as an example.

These started to rear their head in circa 2014. Previously, affiliates didn't get smacked with Admin Fees.

I certainly tell you when I entered the business in 2000, most programs paid on a scaled commission... EG - 0 to 5 NDP's 25%, 6 to 10, 30%, 11 to 20, 35%.

BTW that was a true 25,30,35,40,45%, not shaved commission values like today. Not like advertise 40% and the affiliate is paid 17%, or worse case like VideoSlots.com paying 5.5% on their advertised 40% commission.

Programs will say, it's expensive to operate these days. True. However, without affiliates send traffic, you'd be out of business.

Reiterating, it's all about greed and milking affiliates, and then paying as little, as in some cases, not paying at all, or stealing players.

Sadly, the industry is FULL of crooks these days, and even worse, people who we think have out best interests at heart, instead, are thieves in disguise.
    Last edited by AussieDave; 22 July 2022 at 10:09 am.
    ---
    Compliance: a code word for control

---
    Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. It's called integrity.
    ---

It's your right to be treated honestly: fairness for all igaming affiliates - doch.news - no sponsors. Hence no conflicts of interest!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AussieDave For This Useful Post:

Cash Bonus (22 July 2022), gm2891 (22 July 2022), iso2009 (23 July 2022), loquax (22 July 2022)

Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,612 Times in 1,884 Posts

The simple answer is certainly Greed.

It's not enough for some programs to earn X (a tidy sum from their partners). Instead of being happy with 100K, they want $200K. When they get that, they want $500K... Eventually the only way to get $500K etc., is to steal from their partners.

Absolutely true, AussieDave. These filthy pigs are never satisfied and they don't give a crap who they hurt. They'll lie and do whatever they can to cheat and steal.

Can't recall the owner's name but there's an operator who resides in Canada. He boasts about owning 12 Ferrari's. His last Ferrari was flown in, and accompanying that flight were about 4 technicians from Ferrari, their job, to set the car up when delivered.

12 Ferrari's, that's really disgusting and insane. Greedy bastards!!
    Last edited by Cash Bonus; 22 July 2022 at 3:49 pm.

gm2891 is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDave View Post
    Simple answer GREED.

He acquired all these from cheating his affiliates...

Lets take the "Admin Fees" as an example.

These started to rear their head in circa 2014. Previously, affiliates didn't get smacked with Admin Fees.

I certainly tell you when I entered the business in 2000, most programs paid on a scaled commission... EG - 0 to 5 NDP's 25%, 6 to 10, 30%, 11 to 20, 35%.

BTW that was a true 25,30,35,40,45%, not shaved commission values like today. Not like advertise 40% and the affiliate is paid 17%, or worse case like VideoSlots.com paying 5.5% on their advertised 40% commission.

Programs will say, it's expensive to operate these days. True. However, without affiliates send traffic, you'd be out of business.

Reiterating, it's all about greed and milking affiliates, and then paying as little, as in some cases, not paying at all, or stealing players.

Sadly, the industry is FULL of crooks these days, and even worse, people who we think have out best interests at heart, instead, are thieves in disguise.
    The problem also is that many affiliates that have traffic are ready to work with anyone and promote anything. This makes these ****** programs feel confident and stay on the float.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gm2891 For This Useful Post:

AussieDave (22 July 2022), drifter8 (24 July 2022)

AussieDave is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,006 Times in 1,145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gm2891 View Post
    The problem also is that many affiliates that have traffic are ready to work with anyone and promote anything. This makes these ****** programs feel confident and stay on the float.
    I'll agree with that for sure.

Thing is though, working with the crooks, it's never IF you'll get sh#fted BUT when.

Educating newbies about rogues etc., is needed. Also pitfalls etc., etc. Those of us who are established affiliates, can do ourselves and our future earnings a great disservice if we ignore this need.

Lets use "Admin Fees" as an example... If we banded together and spoke out about this scam early on, I think we'd all be in a better position today.

I don't profess to know all the answers. However, I do believe in the above
    ---
    Compliance: a code word for control

---
    Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. It's called integrity.
    ---

It's your right to be treated honestly: fairness for all igaming affiliates - doch.news - no sponsors. Hence no conflicts of interest!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AussieDave For This Useful Post:

gm2891 (24 July 2022)

Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,612 Times in 1,884 Posts

The other problem is that they keep milking affiliates and players, becoming more rogue and greedy, and then even cutting off seasoned affiliates who have been with them for YEARS. These vermin programs have no limits or boundaries to their dodgy behaviour.