Tomorrow the Winter Olympics begin. Good Luck Everyone!
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-athletes/
Go Canada Go!
Cheers,
Connie Burstin
Printable View
Tomorrow the Winter Olympics begin. Good Luck Everyone!
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-athletes/
Go Canada Go!
Cheers,
Connie Burstin
Exciting times!!
It will be fun seeing how many medals we can win this year.
I think we'll pick up Gold Medals in womens hockey, figure skating, mens curling, speed skating, skiing...
Bronze or Silver Medals in mens hockey, womens curling...
Anyone got predictions on the total medal counts for each Country?
I love the olympics. Athletes playing for national pride instead of big contracts!
Go USA! :drinkingbuddies::drinkingbuddies:
And to think we turned down a invite to go see a hockey game there ,South Africa world cup much better :)
I was really looking forward to the olympics, but the luge death has really cast a pall on the games for me. I've love bobsledding, luge and skeleton and fear they may have to close the course for safety reasons. we often forget how dangerous it is for a human being to get their body moving at 50-100 mph. Let's hope this not just the first death in competitive luge, but last death for the sport.
Wiping the tears from my eyes, also a bit torn on who i'm rooting for, the US or Canada. I've pretty much decided to go with the US on hockey(where we're underdogs) and canada on everything else.
It was heartbreaking watching the Georgian team enter the building last night. I hope they come up with a safe solution and re-open the course. Any sport where you are traveling at those speeds carries a risk - skiing comes to mind. Like Nascar, they need to develop safety barriers or something similar.
I rooting for Canada all the way!!
With Canada's Junior team recently losing to the U.S for gold I think Canada's Olympic Hockey team may be tough to beat. Always a great game to watch!Quote:
I've pretty much decided to go with the US on hockey(where we're underdogs) and canada on everything else.
Going all in for Canada! As for Greece they do not partake in winter events I don't think.
greek39
Greece had a very small contingent there last night. I can't remember if it was one athlete or a few...
Gold, the record is broken. Congrats Mr. Bilodeau!
Hmmmm - I'm obvious backing you know who.
I've got my hope on the women this year! (No bias - honest :eyebrow:) Go Bobsleigh team!
I hope everyone got to see Shaun White killlllll it in the snowboarding half-pipe finals but if not:
http://vodpod.com/watch/3072328-shau...-2010-olympics
(even if you don't know anything about snowboarding its amazing to watch)
Enjoy!
My home girl Christine Nesbitt picked up our third GOLD today!! Woot!!!
Oh yes the bitter revelry continues tonight 7:40 PM ET/4:40 PM PT between two hockey teams who almost hate one another.
Team Canada vs USA should a good one!
greek39
The hockey game was real let down.... it all came down to goal tending, or in our case, lack of goal tending. It was painful to watch... :no:
Yep, last night's hockey loss was frustrating...but at the same time Ryan Miller was just amazing - Canada took plenty and plenty of shots, some actually good, and he just stopped them all.
I thought they should've pulled Brodeur after the first period and replaced with him Luongo.
Being one of two Americans in a Montreal pub was a little nerve-racking.
But I could not contain my excitement when Ryan Kesler made the diving shot at an empty net :joy: (and I don't even like hockey that much!)
It will be interesting to see where this goes from here..