-
Wordpress and "P" tags
I've noticed the wordpress templete I am using is not inserting p tags into my paragraphs. P tags are important as far as I know so should I go in manually and insert these or does anyone know of a plugin that does this. I wish I would have noticed this earlier. Why in world would this templete not do this?
-
As far as I can recall when composing a post or page, use the html option over the wysiwyg editor. In the html mode I manually add the p tags and they stay in place. I recall the wysiwyg mode not inserting them. I believe it is a WP issue and not tied to the template.
-
Thanks Chips! Guess I have some work to do now updating all the pages.
-
View the code of your published article via your browser and you will see that the p tags are there. (cntrl +u in Firefox).
-
if you need to convert content w/ linebreaks etc to content with paragraphs, you can use the wpautop function in your theme page templates.
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wpautop
-
The Wordpress WYSIWIG doesn't "show" you the p tags, but they are there. Unless your template is stripping them out, which seems illogical and highly unlikely.
If you paste content from something like Microsoft Word it can also play havoc. If you do need to paste, I'd always recommend either using the built in Word paste button, or simply copy it into Notepad first which removes any hidden formatting.
-
as chips said, use the html editor LDO.
you can check to see if the paragraphs are really trhere initially by right clicking on a paragraph and inspect element using chrome.. u will prolly see the P's as Peter suggested above.
if you're importing data into posts [eg from a datafeed] and they only contain linebreaks, then that function i pasted is the business..
-
Thanks guys. Yes I couldn't see them in HTML in wordpress but when I look at the view code they are there.
Thanks again!
-
I have to say that your answers and willing to help is a very nice thing !
I learn allot from these answers :)
Thanx !