This seems absolute madness. I wonder how big the scope is for these ambiguous laws.
(Sorry I'm unable to post the link properly so if someone could do it for me that'd be cool)
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...ling-software/
Printable View
This seems absolute madness. I wonder how big the scope is for these ambiguous laws.
(Sorry I'm unable to post the link properly so if someone could do it for me that'd be cool)
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...ling-software/
Oh wow. What will they come up with next. I hope he can hang in there and fight this. I'm sure the bookmaking has a lot to do with it but I don't think they can prove that NY residents used the software. Even if they did, it's not the software designer that is involved in that Hopefully contractually he added a clause that it's not to be used illegally?
Thanks for the link.
unbelievable madness
I remember dealing with these guys a while back. Very nice professional people.
Isn't this a bit like charging Smith & Wesson with murder if somebody was shot with one of their guns.
What a world we live in..
lol Pretty low ethical standards if you ask me.Quote:
“The staff of the Manhattan District Attorney’s office involved in this case, both prosecutors and investigators, have behaved ethically and consistent with their obligation to seek justice in every case.”