Announced in the past hour or so on the GSC twitter: https://twitter.com/googlesearchc/st...46698769571841
Normal caveats, 2 weeks to roll out and expect lots of bouncing around on the SERPS in the meantime.
Printable View
Announced in the past hour or so on the GSC twitter: https://twitter.com/googlesearchc/st...46698769571841
Normal caveats, 2 weeks to roll out and expect lots of bouncing around on the SERPS in the meantime.
And all the outdated newspaper sites will have top 3 rankings for everything as usual.
did see a 21% increase however i know it can go to a minus 20 in a couple of days also, so lets hope it holds.
Okay that's odd. I would have expected another core update around end of November, beginning of December. I wonder if this is a good thing as in 'we have found a way to clean up the search with a brilliant idea' or if this is a 'we f'ed up something so bad, it needs fixing right away'.
Knowing Google, it's probably the second.
The comment section of that tweet is something :)
looking at the result so far.. looks like newspapers and magazines are now the new authority on online gaming
Actually just looked at the numbers for the last couple of days, seems like a 20 - 30 percent drop, might or might not be related to the update. Although I can't really think of any other valid reasons.
I feel this algo update is to have greater affect than the Helpful Content one and there will be some noticeable changes in rankings, something the helpful content update didn't really show.
Will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple weeks as this is rolled out. I did do a little Linkedin Post on it actually: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/andre...161519104-tek6
Well, if so! Of course, the TOP-5 would be cooler :)
Hope this sticks I'm seeing movement and jumped to #4 for my primary keyword. Gonna target a tougher keyword now.
Hi guys,
I guess my site was hit because my average position dropped from 21.3 to 65 just for 3 days. It's fresh site (about 6 months old) and I know that I am still in the sand box. Does somebody have some issue with new site? Do you have any idea what is this Core update about and what should I change?
Thanks
Use og:article and meta date for your inserts (when they are stored in your db) and you have pretty much done what they have asked you to do, also this was new to me - nofollow sponsored in rel is no longer considered, sponsored only for links.
Thank Bettor Agency for sharing the link to the linked page though.
Perhaps another reminder that we need to keep updated with the quality of the content for the target user in the end of the day atleast to some extent
I see some movement, but not very much, really. I was expecting it to be a considerable amount better..
if it's the site you spammed the hell out of on here, then what do you expect? also if it's any of the ones in your bio then none even have https...
i wouldn't worry about some 'sandbox', if it was a thing, and i saw evidence years ago that it was then it is long gone.
no one will have a clue what this is update, and certainly don't change anything at least until they announce it is done rolling out. once it's done, if you have dropped look at your content and see if you can do it better
This update has nothing to do with content, as mundane low value cookie cutter sponsored posts at news sites are now dominating, the style of writing is basic with things like "another fun casino is etc etc" no authority or expertise but leveraging pure domain authority with internal link building from other news sites, my guess is link demotion and promotion update