silo-ing and keyword coordination
Ok then... you got it and now I do too. THANK YOU BestHands. Let me see if we can get a bit deeper.
When the GoCaisnoOnline Casino Review has deeper page like a "Terms and Condition" page I have been setting up the tittles like this "GoCasino Online Casino Reviews Terms & Conditions" It's a bit long but that would follow your lead as to what silo-ing is all about... Correct?
KeyWord Phrase Coordinating
My understanding of good SEO practices regarding meta-tittle, meta-keywords and meta-description is that the researched keyword-phrase ( ei. "Online Casino Reviews") should go in the tittle (which in this example is the entire tittle of the landing page), it should be defined as your meta keyword/phrase (i know some people don't believe meta keywords are nec.) and included in the description, which will show up in the SERP. (so to me the descript. is important for that reason alone). So what would be the optimal SEO practice for defining the keywords for the child and grand child posts? Would it be the same key word phrase "GoCasino Online Casino Reviews" or the original researched phrase "Online Casino Reviews"? Would you not want to use the same keyword for your children as the parent "Online Casino Reviews". Would good practice be to have several different keywords or keyword phrases for the meta keyword, even though you have not placed them in the tittle anchor text etc?
And I would think it good to have your keywords listed along side your page in your notes because when you are writing an artical for distribution you would want to have the exact same keywords defined with the article distribution site for the anchor text you use for that particular post. So I think defining the keyword is important not only for the meta but for other ways you might want to push your page up in the SERPs as time goes on.. And I would think it is wasted work to have too many "semi-random" keywords defined because you could dilute other pages that are truly focused on that keyword.
Cathy
Live Casino List
META: tittle-keyword phrase, keywords-permiations of tittle
Quote:
Originally Posted by
best.hands
Really appreciate this link I will give it a spin at the end of the day when I am worn out and cant do detailed work anymore.
I went to your bingo page and saw what you di with the met keyword declaration. You took your tittle and made 3 sets of keywords with the words in the tittle. I like that a lot. Would you not want to add one more keyword phrase ... your title in it's entirety.
For example when I researched "casino reviews" I found "Online Casino Reviews" to be a popular term with less competition. So I used it for my page tittle. It is a very good key phrase in its entirety. I would image a key word phrase in its entirety is a good page title, Better than " Online Casino Reviews of the Best Casinos" (for example)
What I will do is have these key words defined in meta
Online Casino Reviews, Online Casinos, Casino Reviews
You have basically answered my question and I feel good about receiving advice from you. I am trying to get the concept of tittles, related keywords along with siloing ingrained and well understood from all view points. That is what learning a trade is all about... making fine details of the work part of your being. I am looking forward to reading the link you sent me at SEOmoz.
Thanks
Cathy
*Any opinions to the contrary are welcome and wanted*
Online Casino Reviews at Mac Online Slots
If the cookie is there the game is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Nandakishore
So they come to a review after visiting the casino website.
Absolutely correct. I too go to a lot of effort searching websites for info on a casino. But my point is that once they have clicked on the casino 1st, then affiliates get no commission. If the cookie is there the game is over. Please tell me I am wrong!!:pray:
Cathy
Online Casino Reviews at Mac Online Slots
Live Casino List