Originally Posted by
Renee
I've never really taken much notice of twitter, but if it's anything like instagram here are my 2 cents:
The follow for follow thing is bullshit. People will go searching for people to follow them by following an account, then a few days unfollow because they know that most unsavvy instagram users will just follow anyone and don't have any app that tells you when someone unfollows you. That's how they get most followers.
People pay for followers. If you see someone with a HUGE following, and not much interaction? They paid for the followers.
I don't see the point in tricking someone to follow you because if they don't like what you're pushing, they will unfollow eventually. TBH I see this mostly in the fitness industry on instagram so it could be completely different on twitter. Either way it's fking annoying and I wish people who did that would get banned. I don't follow anyone unless I like what they post, but I can tell you if they unfollow me a few days later, you bet your ass I'll unfollow them because I think they're an asshole.
If it makes someone feel good to have people like and follow them, they are not my people.
And like I said, twitter could be different.. I may have to do some testing to see.