Everyone who uses wordpress.
Share your favourite plugin here!
I will start with widget logic
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/
Printable View
Everyone who uses wordpress.
Share your favourite plugin here!
I will start with widget logic
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/
Affiliat Link Cloaker (self explanatory)
http://wordpress.org/plugins/alc/
Category post widget, widget to display posts from specific categories
http://jameslao.com/2011/03/24/categ...ts-widget-3-2/
Contact form plugin
http://bestwebsoft.com/plugin/
facebook comments
http://3doordigital.com/wordpress/pl...ook%2BComments
Wordpress SEO (I also use 'all in ons seo' and yoast depending on site)
http://yoast.com/wordpress/seo/#utm_...gn=wpseoplugin
Sitemap Generator
http://www.arnebrachhold.de/projects...aps-generator/
(disallowed at WPEngine)
Category Order and Taxonomy Terms Order
http://www.nsp-code.com/
Rick
Universal4
Table Press Easy-Advanced Table Maker
http://tablepress.org/ Edit like a spreadsheet but with HTML and Wordpress functionality
For an example of what it can for online casinos see http://casinobonusandfreechip.com/be...no-bonus-2013/ the entire list is created using it and it is free.
Cache Your Widgets
http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-widget-cache/ I found that no cache plugin actually caches your widgets. Make sure you enter a well though out amount of time for each one. After installation the settings are unique to each widget, found above the open widget box. I like 48000 :). Don't cache Twitter unless you don't like tweeting...
From the author: "WP Widget Cache can cache the output of your blog widgets. Usually it will significantly reduce the SQL queries to your database and speed up your site... Why WP-Cache or WP Super Cache is not enough? WP-Cache or WP Super cache ‘pages’, and WP Widget Cache cache ‘widgets’ or your sidebar, that’s the difference!"
Hope you like :)
Stealth Login Page
http://wordpress.org/plugins/stealth-login-page/
It's awesome!!
Thanks for suggesting tablepress, use it on multiple sites now, great plugin!
Came accross http://sicknetwork.com/ a while back, finally got round to buying it today, its well worth the $65.
Basiclly it allows you to manage all your wordpress blogs from one admin area such as adding posts, installing plugins, doing backups etc.
I didn't realize just how many wordpress sites I had untill I started adding them today :o
My pleasure Dean,
If you do not want to post the sites that use it here that's fine, but I would like to check out what you have done with Tablepress you could send me a PM :eyebrow:. It is a I am going to check out your recommendation as well.
Here are my suggestions for making Aff Cloak not such a resource hog. Uncheck the auto replace box and just let it be you easy .ht access writer and just use the short link in your blog :)
https://www.gpwa.org/forum/images/im...170202_o-1.jpg
I've sent you a PM with my URL.
I just got an email from sicknetwork saying they are rebranding to http://mainwp.com/ which is even cheaper (typical i buy it a day before it goes down in price)
WP-Insert, for geotargetted ads. It seems to work fine, I just need people to click them!
http://wordpress.org/plugins/social-...ook-twitter-g/
Great for posting automatically your blog entry to facebook/twitter etc.
http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/
Google sitemap generator
A really great security plug-in is: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordfence/
And if you really want your affiliate links to be fast, create a simple php redirect page for each one with the noindex tag, place them all in a folder restricted by robot.txt and just use a link to that page.
That is faster since no database query needs to be performed.
Rick
Universal4
Great Topic, Thanks for the thread
Wordfence Plugin really is a great tool
Flytonic flytonic.com/plugins/call-to-action-plugin/
Login Lockdown
The first plugin I put on any site is http://wordpress.org/plugins/ozh-admin-drop-down-menu/
It simply takes the left sidebar menu on admin pages and puts it across the top. This give more real estate for other on posts and other things. I have been using this plugin for so long, I now get confused with the default installation of WP, lol.
Two that I like just for the aesthetics of the urls and come in handy when designing your own custom categories and tag pages.
http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-no-category-base/ - removes category base
http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-no-tag-base/ - removes tag base
I like these 3 plugins the most:
http://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/ - Obviously for SEO point of view. Easy to use and highly effective
http://wordpress.org/plugins/tablepress/ - To create tables. I can easily custom it as per my requirement
http://wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/ - Not that much popular plugin but very effective when you want to hide a widget in particular post/page
I also like All-in-one-SEO-Pack and Yoast wordpress plugin with SEO point of view.