Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Gambleratheart is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2020
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Site reviews requested

    Hello! I am also new here and have the sites Valorantbettingsites.com and also topgamersguide.com
    I went to IGB London not so long ago and really felt accepted into the industry even though esports is kind of a sidetrack.

  2. #2
    popopdc is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2020
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 48 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    I like the layout of Valorant Betting, but the site looks a bit “plain” to me—like there is too much white space where I feel like there could be images or navigation. I believe overtime Valorant popularity will surpass that of Apex Legends and Fornite. It's a great game and in its infancy stages too. Great niche website and I wish you best of luck.

    Top Gamers Guide desperately needs a new logo, menu dropdown, and over reduction of white space in the header. You should make more use of the sidebars in the blogposts. Overall content is superb and you're going after all the correct keywords.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to popopdc For This Useful Post:

    Gambleratheart (19 July 2020)

  4. #3
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,451
    Thanks
    9,150
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Your first domain, valorentbettingsites, could certainly do with some banners and your dropdown menu looks quite bare. Think about adding a theme to make your site vibrant and look pleasing to the eyes.

    You better check all of the links to your banners as not all of them have a link attached to them and do nothing if you were to click on it.

    As for your 2nd site which is top gamers guide, it looks nice but again, it can also do with a theme for it.

    Your dropdown menu is exceptionally good and I took a liking to it. The way you can expand and collapse the arrows is a great little feature that you've added.

    You've done a reasonably good job with both sites. It will all eventually pay off for you.

    You'll find many great and knowledgeable members who you can always reach out to on here. Best of luck with everything, Gambleratheart, and welcome aboard to the GPWA!
    Last edited by Cash Bonus; 19 July 2020 at 12:23 am.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cash Bonus For This Useful Post:

    Gambleratheart (19 July 2020)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bonus View Post
    do with a theme for it.
    WTF are you talking about???!!!

    Both sites use a WP theme...

    FYI... Cash Bonus

    WP theme used on topgamersguide.com is Acabado

    WP Theme used on valorantbettingsites.com is Mecury

    Your clearly clueless about Wordpress etc., etc...
    ---------

    Back to the review...

    I'm not going on to comment cause I'm not au fait with Esports.

    While this niche does involved placing wagers, I'd recommend you also join (if there are any) an affiliate Epsorts Forum, where, I'm sure there are people with far more experience on what works and what doesn't in the promotion of Esports.

    It's akin to asking for a site review on a po#n affiliate site. We're all affiliates but in different niches which target different markets, style, tastes and age groups.

    Only advice I can give... It's not easy, it's a LOT of hard work being an affiliate. However, work hard for a 3 or so years, and you'll build a good foundation for future revenue. All the best with your new venture

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Former Member 14 For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (20 July 2020), Gambleratheart (19 July 2020)

  8. #5
    Gambleratheart is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2020
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Thanks for the helpful reply, do you have any theme in mind that you think would work great with topgamersguide?

  9. #6
    ddm
    ddm is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Posts
    1,118
    Thanks
    418
    Thanked 470 Times in 287 Posts

    Default

    valorant trademark owners: Riot Games . https://trademarks.justia.com/888/03...-88803562.html

    rule #1 - never build your house on rented land.

  10. #7
    popopdc is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2020
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 48 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambleratheart View Post
    Thanks for the helpful reply, do you have any theme in mind that you think would work great with topgamersguide?
    I know this isn't directed to me but the theme is honestly fine. Just need to improve the logo, header, and navigation menu. Header needs some work and there is a lot of white space in the right sidebar.

    Quote Originally Posted by ddm View Post
    valorant trademark owners: Riot Games . https://trademarks.justia.com/888/03...-88803562.html

    rule #1 - never build your house on rented land.
    I've been creating and building websites in the video games niche for over 20 years. There are hundreds of domains for any particular video game like GameNameNews.com, GameNameTips.com, PreOrderGameName.com, etc etc. OP is fine. I've never seen video game developer pursue an unofficial fan website. The consequences from negative PR is not worth it.

  11. #8
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,451
    Thanks
    9,150
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Gambleratheart, when I said to use themes, I meant for you to use colors for your backgrounds, that's all. That's what I was initially thinking as I put up my first post for you, and this goes for all the other members that I have given site reviews for. I understand how WordPress works as I've used it in the past. I'm just misunderstood about this. I do understand that you're using WordPress and that's all good. A simple search for the term "WordPress" in the source code will tell me if a website has it implemented or otherwise. I appreciate that and I have given you my honest opinion and I'm happy that you've decided to join this great forum.

    I just wanted to clear the air
    Last edited by Cash Bonus; 19 July 2020 at 4:32 pm.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambleratheart View Post
    Thanks for the helpful reply, do you have any theme in mind that you think would work great with topgamersguide?

    Other than actually playing some Esport titles, I know little to nothing about Esports. IMHO as an affiliate with 20 years exp, using a casino theme designed for use by casino affiliates, probably isn't the best WP theme choice for an Esport portal.


    Take a look at these Esport themes to start with:
    https://themeforest.net/category/wordpress?term=esport

    When you decide to purchase a WP Esport Theme, make sure it's not a one (1) off payment.

    Better to pay a yearly subscription. Why, you may ask?

    Paying a one time fee doesn't give any incentive for the theme developer to continue to upgrade the theme. Way too many paid (one off payments) themes become totally useless, when, there is a major WP core update that changes coding used in these theme.

    Whereas a yearly subscription theme payment, is more likely to have the theme developer continue to release theme updates/patches even when there is a major WP core update

  13. #10
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bonus View Post
    Gambleratheart, when I said to use themes, I meant for you to use colors for your backgrounds
    Given your past countless (clueless) WP comments, if you meant BG colours, one would say BG (background) colours.

    They certainly wouldn't say...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bonus View Post
    Think about adding a theme to make your site vibrant and look pleasing to the eyes.
    I don't wish to come across as an A-hole...

    However, most people asking for site reviews are "newbies". Whether that's newbie wp users/newbie affiliates, or both. Hence, providing wrong information doesn't help anyone, especially newbies et al.
    Last edited by Former Member 14; 19 July 2020 at 3:40 pm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •