Read Dealer Dan's Affiliate Bible website, it's very useful for sports affiliates and he discusses some of the things you appear to be having issues with.
Read Dealer Dan's Affiliate Bible website, it's very useful for sports affiliates and he discusses some of the things you appear to be having issues with.
edgarf76 (8 June 2014)
hmmm, detected nothing
Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library
I loaded the site from another PC and didn't get the popup.
Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.
I loaded your site again Rostick after the first reply mentioned they got no pop ups and it didn't re-appear. But this was also the case with another prominent GPWA member's site where it appeared once and not on refresh. I reset my IP, cleared cache/cookies & loaded Rostick's site again today and the same as Dan, I received the popup image again with redirects to Betway on clicking 'ok'.
I'm kinda stuck between if both myself and Dan happen to have the same spyware or if it's something on you're end and it's triggered randomly. Would make sense that it's on my PC but I'm pretty thorough when it comes to security and since this morning I've run the following scans, safe mode where applicable, doing them one at a time etc and they have found nothing at all.
Ccleaner, Searched the registry, Avast, MSE, TDDSKiller, JRT, RogueKiller, RKill, Malware Bytes, Adwcleaner, Sophos, Hijackthis, Trendmicro Online and a few others.
I'd have thought if it was a spyware that it would be triggered by keywords/urls on my own websites also but I've only ever seen this message now and then on other member's sites. Possibly, there's just no spyware definition for this. Strange!!
![]()
I'm not as thorough when it comes to security but my PC is clean. He's hacked.
Track the affiliate link and report to Betway.
Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.
WATP (9 June 2014)
I think it only seems to display once per IP address. Couldn't get it to display again so rebooted the router and there it appeared on his site. Wasn't sure how to get the aff id as it just went to this page with no parameter attached: new.betway.com/en/2013/lp/bws50s/ but i checked firefox cookies and saw this:
BannerTag=e0f32596-d897-40e5-8d8a-ae5ff023b636&CountryIdByIP=826&CurrencyIdByCulture Id=100&CurrencyIdByIpId=300&DeviceTypeId=12&IsDivA Visible=True&IsTrafficInternal=False&Referer=http://ad.doublcilck.net/clickbw
I'm going to reboot again and test out a few other sites and see if I can get it to appear again.
Ok, this is getting odd
Rebooted IP, loaded GoonersGuide and here it is, again I can't get it to reappear after it's shown once, even back on BetDistrict, so it's definitely set to appear once only per IP... Betway again!
Dan, you using firefox or any specific plugins/extensions. I've got a few and wondering if it could be something in there. Unless it's geo-targeted, I'm in the UK.
![]()
Firefox.
I have never seen this on any site until I visited BetDistrict.
Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.
Cheers Dan. Try clearing cookies/cache and if you can get a new IP by rebooting router & visit GoonersGuide from his GPWA sig, see if it triggers it again.
My extensions are: Adblock plus (surely not that!), Classic theme restorer, Custom new tab, Download Helper, Saved Password Editor.
Plugins are just the usual; Java, Silverlight, Flash etc, all official stuff, nothing unusual.
Adsense certainly works, and it works well. Also, the earnings you see in your Adsense report throughout the month are pretty much exactly what you will get paid, so no major fluctuations.Really, Adsense works? I was sure it was forbidden for gambling. 6 months ago I would have never put adsense on the website but now I`m willing to try anything and I`ll surely look into that, thanks!
I used to work extensively with Adsense, but you will generally make a lot more, or the potential will be there to make far more with affiliate programs. But as you are struggling to convert your large amount of traffic, it might be worth trying it out.
You'll have to geo-target your ads. Here are the countries Google allows gambling ads on:
Austria Greece Portugal Belgium Ireland Romania Canada Italy Serbia Denmark Israel Spain Finland Norway Sweden France Peru United Kingdom
As Google considers gambling a sensitive subject, your site will need to be manually reviewed and because Google is over micro-managed, you may get different answers or encounter different problems depending upon who reviews your site.
You are allowed gambling ads on sites facing the countries mentioned above, you are also allowed to use affiliate links on those same pages. You are not allowed to take wagers directly from people, but you are allowed to direct people to sites that take wagers.
What I would do in your situation is apply to Adsense so they can manually review your site. As you are under no obligation, it doesn't matter if you change your mind, but at least you will have a choice.
Using Adsense is a slight learning curve, but as so many people use it you will find a ton of resources on every subject.
I'll go over my old Adsense figures, but my CTR (click through rate) was about 5%.
EDIT: Additional info.
Publishers who have been selected and approved for gambling content, and are located in one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Sweden or the United Kingdom:
Allowed
- Online gambling sites, such as online casinos or online wagering sites
- Sites that drive traffic to online gambling sites, such as through organic links
- Sites with play-for-fun games, contests, sweepstakes, raffles
- Location-based gambling sites (hotel casinos and destination travel sites)
- Sites promoting fantasy sports
- Sites selling books, ebooks, magazines, TV shows that discuss gambling-related activities
- Discussion forums or blogs about gambling that don’t drive traffic to online gambling sites
- Sites selling gambling equipment
Last edited by Scampi; 9 June 2014 at 8:14 am.
duplicate - sorry![]()
Oh man, I`m really sorry if I am to blame for spreading this spyware. It never showed to me and nobody reported it until now. I have changed passwords, updated everything and now I will go trough my website file by file and also report the aff. link to betway. thanks.
Last edited by Rostick; 9 June 2014 at 10:32 am.
Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library
@RacingJim "Read Dealer Dan's Affiliate Bible website, it's very useful for sports affiliates and he discusses some of the things you appear to be having issues with. "
Read it all a couple of months ago
Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library
@GamblingJoe - thanks for the thorough input. What did you mean by "duplicate-sorry"?
Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library
I posted the same post twice, and couldn't delete it.What did you mean by "duplicate-sorry"?
I have absolutely no idea what to do about that popup. I didn`t find anything strange in the files, just some core dumps are new there (that can`t be an issue as far as I know). I can`t even know if the popup appears or not since I never encountered it (and neither have my tipsters), so there`s no way to fix this. Securi says the site is clean, the hosting company can`t help me. All I could do was contact Betway, I just hope it`s nothing permanent, because it would hurt both me and the users.
Later edit: I did find a suspicious file (yndex.php in the root) but it did not look like spyware. Deleted it anyway. Problem is I have no way of knowing if the problem will dissapears or if it even exists (and is my fault).
Last edited by Rostick; 9 June 2014 at 12:30 pm.
Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library
WATP (9 June 2014)
Hey Rostick. Yeah I'm still not convinced is anything to do with you, since I also see the message after rebooting IP on gooners/bookiesoffers and a few other sites. I've checked through my Firefox plugins core files and couldn't see anything obvious but it may be some obfuscated javascript as these things often are. I wouldn't worry for now until we can somehow confirm if it's Dan and I that have issues on our end, or if it's some sort of big hack/injection going on.
I think the only way to work out if it's an error on our end is for me and Dan to compare everything we have installedWould probably be too far. Apologies in advance, if indeed it is on our end!
Quick update Rostick. If it happens to be on your end, yndex.php's removal didn't help as the popup message appeared again once I reset my IP and visited your site. I just have this gut feeling that Dan and I have got a free plugin or something on our computers that someone's tried to hide some code deep in the files for some extra cash. I'll check through my Mozilla profile folder again and see what I can find!
Did you read this one?
http://www.affiliatebible.com/sports...t-the-tips.php