Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Rowdie is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2020
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Who to promote in the US

    I have a decent traffic from USA but very few registrations and basically no conversions. I believe it is because I am partnering with the wring brands. So the question is "Who to promote in the US".
    Sports: Football predictions | Gambling Norway: Spilleautomater Gratis | Casino Free Games: Spincastle

  2. #2
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    Just go and look at your competitors (ie those affiliate/media sites ranking in .com/US search for the bigger keywords around you). See who they are pushing and have high up in their lists, it's not a certainty they'll be making money (because there could be other reasons they have them prominent) but is a fair bet that the top half dozen they show might be attracting FTDs

  3. #3
    tufty is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 346 Times in 211 Posts

    Default

    Avoid betonline / commission kings. They have become untrustworthy, cutting rev share with no communication, and non-responsive. Plus there are other threads here recently complaining about them. I see one of your sites promotes BetUS - these guys are complete crooks in my experience. Remember some of the 'unregulated' operators are restricting a lot of states nowadays, which does not help. For instance Bovada - who are good - restrict 16 (sixteen!) American states now . . . and then they complain about lack of FTDs.

  4. #4
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    For instance Bovada - who are good - restrict 16 (sixteen!) American states now . . . and then they complain about lack of FTDs.
    Which states they restrict and how exactly? I know about 6. Losing ton of traffic probably.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  5. #5
    tufty is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 346 Times in 211 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Which states they restrict and how exactly? I know about 6. Losing ton of traffic probably.
    Well it was 16 last time I looked two weeks ago. Now I count 17:
    https://www.bovada.lv/help/common-faq/which-countries-are-restricted

    I think it is Arizona that's the latest addition. Anyway this is full list if you are not in an accepted state or using a vpn you may not have access to that link:

    Arizona
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    District of Colombia
    Kansas
    Louisiana
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Nevada
    New Jersey
    New York
    Ohio
    Pennsylvania
    Tennessee
    West Virginia

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tufty For This Useful Post:

    Sherlock (13 December 2024), TheGooner (13 December 2024)

  7. #6
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    It is then totally fckedup. The numbers for bovada were going down as regs and FTDs, now I partially know why. I must admit I was somewhat delusional. Even oddshark now promote on broken website Fanduel.

    Legal US bookies are trash. They will steal everything and to be able to keep up with all regulations from state to state is beyond my ability. Moreover the restrictions for RS, the taxes. It is has more value to commit the most violent suicide than promote the legal US bookies.

    The free bookies are not better than. They clearly leave the market at fast pace. I was trying to restart some us programs like BetDSI, but they even do not care to pay for mailchimp.

    There is nobody to promote. Commission kings=wagernetwork convert to me better than the rest in the USA. It is really bad. Someone should euthanize the affiliate marketing.

    There is only one hope: that there will be a total economic crash and everything will restart. But internet will not restart in a year 1995, when it was a Wild West with endless possibilities and no competition. I really wonder whether the biggest value is simply to leave the affiliate marketing even when it still produces some money, because it is painful just to be a part of it.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    tufty (14 December 2024), vd752 (14 December 2024)

  9. #7
    Malikbhai is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    786
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 378 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    Bovada might be preemptively trying to strike a deal with the Feds making a room for itself to finally stand on the legal side of the barrier.

    But, it would be ditching its brother-in-arms, like BetOnline, MyBookie and BookMaker.

  10. #8
    tufty is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 346 Times in 211 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I really wonder whether the biggest value is simply to leave the affiliate marketing even when it still produces some money, because it is painful just to be a part of it.
    I think maybe keep going while it is still worth it financially, given the existing player bases. Though that is a sad state of affairs - to see declines in revenues and referrals. For me, it has been this way for a long time and I have accepted the slow death of my affiliate business. Fortunately crypto came along and like the gambler I must be, I jumped on the bandwagon quite strongly as a 'bet to nothing' starting 2015 (or whenever it was Bovada started only paying btc, as it was back then). Your posts were very helpful. So I wont miss the affiliate side for the work or the money. Though of course it is depressing to oversee the decline of any business and it may indeed be more fulfilling simply to pull the plug. While I have player bases that I'm still being paid proper rev share on, I cling on, but I am very close to total closure.

  11. #9
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Similar situation here too Tufty. Existing base is 98-99% of business.

    AM get stroppy when told the goldrush for 100+ per month is unlikely to return.
    They think I'm holding out on them.

  12. #10
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    it is just depressing to everyone.... like my employees
    working on/in a slow death for young guys who do not even know where the player base came from

    i also invest time in them, clearly some talents are being wasted; at least my programmer is capable to work with a shovel, so he is helping me with backhoe... which is kind of tragicomedy

    i think when bovada gives it up i do it as well
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  13. #11
    PaulEchere's Avatar
    PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2020
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 230 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdie View Post
    I have a decent traffic from USA but very few registrations and basically no conversions. I believe it is because I am partnering with the wring brands. So the question is "Who to promote in the US".
    That's quite literally the million dollar question
    In terms of your US traffic, I think it might be beneficial to analyze it a bit more:

    - What do people come to your website for?
    1. Is there any indication that they are interested in registering with a sportsbook / casino?
    2. Do you get traffic for any brand-specific KWs?
    3. Do you get traffic for any "how to", "where to" betting / casino KWs?

    If 1,2 and 3 are a "Yes", then it's worth looking at:

    - Do you get people to follow your affiliate links, but they end up not registering?
    - Do people follow your affiliate links, register but end up not making a deposit?

    If the above is a "Yes" - then you can definitely try out other brand. As Chaumi mentioned, you can look at some of your competitors to see who they promote and you don't. Then replace the poorly performing brands with some new ones.


    On the other hand if most of the above questions is a "No", then it's likely just lower converting traffic rather than an issue with brands that don't converst

  14. #12
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    That is a wonderful and useless analysis. The affiliate marketing promotion simply does not convert. The problem is both on supply and demand side.

    Demand: People have no interest (because they can lose money by much more creative ways than oldschool gambling), traffic is dropping/more expensive
    Supply: programs are regulated/licensed, so they start to cheat because they are licensed.
    The US programs throw a towel to the ring it seems. Yday during NFL the affiliate frontend and backend of revenuenetwork were offline and nobody cares.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  15. #13
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    Assuming I got the right website with some detective work (and I think I have), the page getting most of the traffic is arguably (although likely) attracting informational, tyre-kicker type traffic. It wouldn't be a massive surprise that it's not converting, if you tie it all in with all other points made in this thread.

    I can't quite work out how you're ranking for some of those terms (other than a few spammy looking links which surely can't be doing it, can they?). Some dodgy 301 redirects somewhere maybe??

    In theory, you shouldn't have a hope in hell of ranking a page like that. Have you looked at bounce rate?

  16. #14
    LowFlyingBird's Avatar
    LowFlyingBird is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    July 2018
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 122 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    If you are seeking US accepting brands we have a few. Come kick our tires.

    Mybookie is our signature brand enters it's 10th year in the market.

    Read more here:
    https://www.webpartners.co/mybookie-...r-anniversary/

  17. #15
    tufty is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 346 Times in 211 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LowFlyingBird View Post
    If you are seeking US accepting brands we have a few. Come kick our tires.

    Mybookie is our signature brand enters it's 10th year in the market.

    Read more here:
    https://www.webpartners.co/mybookie-...r-anniversary/

    Is it still these four restricted states or have more been added? NJ, NV, NY, PA.

  18. #16
    LowFlyingBird's Avatar
    LowFlyingBird is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    July 2018
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 122 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    Updated here:
    https://www.webpartners.co/knowledge...t-usa-players/

    Brands do not accept any new players from the following states: NY, NJ, MD and DC.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to LowFlyingBird For This Useful Post:

    tufty (19 December 2024)

  20. #17
    Kairos's Avatar
    Kairos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2024
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    So we should block traffic from some regions? In which online casinos are banned.

  21. #18
    peakycasino's Avatar
    peakycasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2025
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I researched and found that in the US it is very complicated, an online casino only operates in certain states.

    We need to carefully understand which areas our partners operate in. From there, come up with appropriate solutions.

  22. #19
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,906
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 769 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    Well it was 16 last time I looked two weeks ago. Now I count 17:
    https://www.bovada.lv/help/common-faq/which-countries-are-restricted

    I think it is Arizona that's the latest addition. Anyway this is full list if you are not in an accepted state or using a vpn you may not have access to that link:

    Arizona
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    District of Colombia
    Kansas
    Louisiana
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Nevada
    New Jersey
    New York
    Ohio
    Pennsylvania
    Tennessee
    West Virginia
    Just to add an update. I had productive chat with an AM ... those list is Bovada only.

    For Cafe, Ignition and Slots, the restricted states are Delaware, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey and New York

  23. #20
    BettingFlow's Avatar
    BettingFlow is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2025
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    It makes general promotion almost impossible. You can't just send "US traffic" to a brand anymore. You almost have to filter it state-by-state, which is extremely difficult for most affiliates. It's a huge challenge unless you can perfectly segment your traffic on a state level.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •