Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Skype Spam

  1. #1
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,164
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    689
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default Skype Spam

    It seems like I am getting blasted with Chinese skype spam these days and getting worse. Blocking and reporting as spam is not helping. From what I have read there is not much you can do about it. Has anyone found any solutions that work?
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Isn't there a "delete account" button?

    Sorry not trying to be facetious, but reporting is about the best since they should use some sort of bayesian statistics that once an account gets a certain number of reports they should get moved to some sort of untrusted status.

    Oops, that would imply skype cares....sorry

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. #3
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Are you receiving messages or receiving friend requests? If it's just the former, you can adjust your Skype settings to only allow people from your contact list to message and call you. However, at the moment, I don't think there's a way to limit who can send you a contact request.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  4. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Good point I had forgotten to mention that.

    Rick
    Universal4

  5. #5
    CasinosBroker's Avatar
    CasinosBroker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2021
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    585
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 123 Times in 112 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    It seems like I am getting blasted with Chinese skype spam these days and getting worse. Blocking and reporting as spam is not helping. From what I have read there is not much you can do about it. Has anyone found any solutions that work?
    Same here...

    I block and report as spam.

    There is nothing much we can do...
    Looking to buy or sell iGaming sites?
    Get in touch today!
    www.CasinosBroker.com
    WhatsApp: +40-757-953-988

  6. #6
    onlinebetdotcom's Avatar
    onlinebetdotcom is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 62 Times in 56 Posts

    Default

    I'm starting to use skype more for business and I get people adding and calling right away.

    I also get women adding me with messages like 'hey babe' or 'hi dear'.

    I just keep reporting as spam but wish they would never come through at all.

  7. #7
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,451
    Thanks
    9,153
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    It seems like I am getting blasted with Chinese skype spam these days and getting worse.
    Same here, Pokerface. I was recently getting absurd requests in the Chinese language, to accept their invitations. The only thing I can do is to just block and report them. Skype should have more options on hand than that, like a contact form.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cash Bonus For This Useful Post:

    Pokerface (2 July 2023)

  9. #8
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Wait, you trying to tell us all them girls aint real?

    Rick
    Universal4

  10. #9
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    seems to come in waves as well...
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  11. #10
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onlinebetdotcom View Post
    I also get women adding me with messages like 'hey babe' or 'hi dear'.
    Yes, loads of this - typically preceded by a translated conversation request - clearly nothing being done about the spam reports.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •