Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    The Buzz's Avatar
    The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,483
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 2,031 Times in 1,270 Posts

    Default WSOP gets underway today

    The first of 68 tournaments at the World Series of Poker gets underway today in Las Vegas. Any predictions for this year?

    http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/...es-mass-appeal

  2. #2
    gyaloggalopp is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    I'm just wondering if there is someone here who is still interested in the wsop as much as he was years ago. 100 champions every year. It must be special when you are there, but reading about another champion is just straight up boring.

  3. #3
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gyaloggalopp View Post
    I'm just wondering if there is someone here who is still interested in the wsop as much as he was years ago. 100 champions every year. It must be special when you are there, but reading about another champion is just straight up boring.
    Used to enjoy watching the highlights on the TV but can't say I've bothered for the past 2 or 3 years. Would love to go and play one day though, must be a great experience to be there as you say, although I'm not sure I'd get my money's worth from the buy-in

  4. #4
    gyaloggalopp is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    They have the Colossus now for only $565, only the travel expenses from Europe are a bit higher than that...

  5. #5
    JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 334 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golfbettingsystem View Post
    Used to enjoy watching the highlights on the TV but can't say I've bothered for the past 2 or 3 years. Would love to go and play one day though, must be a great experience to be there as you say, although I'm not sure I'd get my money's worth from the buy-in
    Don't think the video Coverage has been great the last few years, I'd much rather they cover other events like plo8 events etc.
    Showing the nothing but some pros going all in kk vs aa or something gets boring quickly

  6. #6
    gyaloggalopp is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Do you have in the US TV coverage other than ESPN and the November Nine?

  7. #7
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gyaloggalopp View Post
    They have the Colossus now for only $565, only the travel expenses from Europe are a bit higher than that...
    Yeah, was flicking through the details earlier - in my mind it was a $10k buy-in so that's much more acceptable for a bit of a punt. Now to convince the wife

  8. #8
    TBAffiliate_Trevor is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Phil Hellmuth just won his record breaking 14th WSOP bracelet! Can't stand the guy but it is difficult to argue that he is not the best in the World.

  9. #9
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBAffiliate_Trevor View Post
    Phil Hellmuth just won his record breaking 14th WSOP bracelet! Can't stand the guy but it is difficult to argue that he is not the best in the World.
    He's not even in the top 100 - he's just made bracelet collecting his thing for the publicity,


    So - the WSOP has been on for a fortnight - I had no idea.
    I imagine it's still good for the players - but this tournament needs rejigging if it's going to appeal to the masses.
    But then that's true of all TV poker.

  10. #10
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    I might be the only one who actually enjoys watching the WSOP.
    The only problem is that I can only catch it at stupid hours and since I don't go out much these days I'm not really getting home at that hour anymore
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  11. #11
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    I'd prefer watching Ireland vs England.

    Now that's an insult.

  12. #12
    gyaloggalopp is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Hellmuth can be discussed amongst the great players, but there is no best.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    So - the WSOP has been on for a fortnight - I had no idea.
    I imagine it's still good for the players - but this tournament needs rejigging if it's going to appeal to the masses.
    But then that's true of all TV poker.
    They organized the Colossus which became record breaking, so sad that they did not advertised it more on worldwide channels, but I think this is just due to the regulation problems. I agree with you that TV poker should reinvent itself, but for that you would need big online partners, and that needs clear legal environment and that needs clear thinking in the political region and that needs a toy that the guys used in Man in Black.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •