Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Artemandreevich's Avatar
    Artemandreevich is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2020
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Acceleration and caching WP

    Hello! I would like to know your opinion on the most efficient compression and caching method on the server side.

  2. #2
    ddm
    ddm is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Posts
    1,118
    Thanks
    418
    Thanked 470 Times in 287 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemandreevich View Post
    Hello! I would like to know your opinion on the most efficient compression and caching method on the server side.
    this is what i use on my site(s):
    [.htaccess file in root]

    Code:
    RewriteEngine On 
    <IfModule mod_deflate.c>
      # Compress HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Text, XML and fonts
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xml
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/vnd.ms-fontobject
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/woff2
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/woff
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-opentype
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-otf
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-truetype
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-ttf
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xml
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xml
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/opentype
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/otf
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE font/ttf
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/svg+xml
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/x-icon
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/javascript
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml
    
    
      # Remove browser bugs (only needed for really old browsers)
      BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
      BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip
      BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
      Header append Vary User-Agent
    </IfModule>
    
    
    <IfModule mod_expires.c>
      ExpiresActive On
      #ExpiresActive Off
    
    
      #Images
      ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 year"
      ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 year"
      ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 year"
      ExpiresByType image/webp "access plus 1 year"
      ExpiresByType image/svg+xml "access plus 1 year"
      ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 year"
    
    
      # Video
      ExpiresByType video/mp4 "access plus 1 year"
      ExpiresByType video/mpeg "access plus 1 year"
    
    
      # CSS, JavaScript
      ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 6 months"
      ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 6 months"
      ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 6 months"
    
    
      # Others
      ExpiresByType application/pdf "access plus 1 year"
    
    
      #fonts
      AddType application/font-woff woff
      AddType application/font-woff2 woff2
      ExpiresByType application/font-woff2 "access plus 1 year"
      ExpiresByType application/font-woff "access plus 1 year"
    
    
    </IfModule>
    obvs make sure cloudflare isn't overriding this stuff if you're using it for caching / cdn.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to ddm For This Useful Post:

    PromoteCasino (7 August 2020)

  4. #3
    adamkowalski is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    28
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    If you can, use amazon s3. You can connect a domain using route 53. Here is a property I just launched, currently speed optimizing it even further, and will then connect my domain to it once I'm done: http://online-casino-guide.s3-websit...amazonaws.com/
    Cheers,
    Adam Kowalski
    https://blodyavenger.com

  5. #4
    janhajek's Avatar
    janhajek is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2019
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Lately I use LiteSpeed Cache plugin, now it includes free QUIC CDN.

    It replaced many plugins for me:
    *cach
    *image compression
    *webp image generation
    *css/js/html minify
    *js defer
    *cdn
    *many other small things like DNS prefetch, removing wordpress EMOJI, etc

    Actually, their CDN was a decition maker for me. I always try to optimize website perfectly, but no matter how fast it would be, it still will take at least 2 seconds if server is in EU, but visitor from US. But with QUIC CDN it took me just 20m to setup and now I have different servers for each part of world. As you see, test shows that almost from every country my website loads from different(closest) IP:



    Another good option is WP-Rocket plugin, but combined with Asset Cleanup, Flying images and cloudflare. It is more complicated option, but if you know what you are doing, it can be faster than litespeed + quic.

  6. #5
    Betarena's Avatar
    Betarena is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2018
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Litespeed cache is also my option.

    Extremely fast and flexible, I never thought of using another caching plugin.

    I still don’t use Quic Cloud, because I haven’t had time to configure it, but it’s definitely something we’re going to do soon; I’ve heard very good things about how it works. Better than a traditional CDN.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •