Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    hcgroup's Avatar
    hcgroup is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 219 Times in 186 Posts

    Question Search Engines Focus Ratio

    Dear All,

    Are you all focusing on Google? or do you recommend us other more efficient search engines for our on-site and off-site SEO efforts?

    As I have been observing lately, Google has increased the amount of PPC ads featuring at the top of the results pages too much which negatively effects the organic search clicks!

    What do you think?

  2. #2
    nfint12 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    Mountain View
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 71 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    I wouldn't worry about designing your website for other search engines, in the UK I see Statcounter says Google has a 90.38% market share. I wish there was more competition, but I can't see this changing anytime soon.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to nfint12 For This Useful Post:

    hcgroup (16 April 2018)

  4. #3
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    The only way I know of to "focus" on a different search engine is to look at major differences between the way Google ranks sites and the way that Bing/Yahoo rank sites.

    And the only difference I know of in that regard is that B/Y don't devalue ****** spammed links as much as Google. Thus, when I do a search on B or Y I see a ton of older sites with spammy links show up for poker and gambling results. Sites that are on page 3/4 of Google search but rank highly on B or Y.

    Is it worth it to kill all your Google traffic in order to get rank 1 in B/Y and get what... 25-40% of the clicks on these secondary search engines? Assuming of course you could get rank 1 which is, unlikely, even with a ton of spammmm...

    TLDR; it's not worth it IMHO.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to PROFRBcom For This Useful Post:

    hcgroup (16 April 2018)

  6. #4
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    Google had a market share of about 90%, on smartphones even close to 99%. I do not bother about other search engines, however it could be a nice if you're very good in optimizing for Bing or Yahoo. Extreme example, but it could be better to be the first in Bing than number 17 in Google.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    hcgroup (16 April 2018)

  8. #5
    Paavo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2015
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Just focus on google

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paavo For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (16 April 2018), hcgroup (16 April 2018)

  10. #6
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,415
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,004 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default

    Google only.. bing makes up 2-4% of all traffic for me


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    hcgroup (16 April 2018)

  12. #7
    hcgroup's Avatar
    hcgroup is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 219 Times in 186 Posts

    Question

    the conversion efficiency? I mean visits/leads? Is Google still the leader?

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    Google only.. bing makes up 2-4% of all traffic for me
    Hello Triple7

    I also see an opportunity on Bing/Yahoo/Yandex as it is much more easy to get 1st-page ranking than Google.

    Thanks a lot

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    Google had a market share of about 90%, on smartphones even close to 99%. I do not bother about other search engines, however it could be a nice if you're very good in optimizing for Bing or Yahoo. Extreme example, but it could be better to be the first in Bing than number 17 in Google.
    Hi Paavo

    Thanks but we have to allocate our focus according to the markets shares I think. We should not put all eggs in the same basket!

    What do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paavo View Post
    Just focus on google
    Although I agree with you, I do not see the "Google Domination" factor healthy because Google has increased the weight of PPC ads on its results pages. And it will increase more if it continues like this. And if you do not have enough funds to get the 1st-page spots with money, then you will get nothing from Google!

    Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    The only way I know of to "focus" on a different search engine is to look at major differences between the way Google ranks sites and the way that Bing/Yahoo rank sites.

  13. #8
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcgroup View Post
    I also see an opportunity on Bing/Yahoo/Yandex as it is much more easy to get 1st-page ranking than Google.
    How are you easily ranking on those other search engines? Please be specific.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to PROFRBcom For This Useful Post:

    hcgroup (16 April 2018)

  15. #9
    hcgroup's Avatar
    hcgroup is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 219 Times in 186 Posts

    Default

    Hi PROFRBcom

    No, no. I did not mean that. I only meant that the competition is very much lower than Google, so it is more easy for anyone to rank for the 1st page than Google.

  16. #10
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    9,156
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Google is your best bet for great results and the main search engine well known globally.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •