Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    redwoodaffiliates is offline New Member
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Best web hosts for USA facing site

    Can anyone advise me on the best web host to use for USA facing site?

  2. #2
    gyelloz's Avatar
    gyelloz is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I'm not sure if it's the best, but I've been using GoDaddy, which is probably the most popular web host in the USA, and I haven't had many problems. I've heard bad things about their customer service, but each time I called they were able to help me out pretty quickly, and I have called a few times.

    Their prices are pretty cheap, too (less than $5/month for the basic web hosting). You can usually find coupons to get it for even cheaper. If you type "godaddy hosting coupons" in google you should find some nice discounts.

    I signed up for three years with some deal that I can't remember at the moment, and it ended up being in the $3/month range. I paid the full amount up front, but if I cancel the hosting at any time during the 3 year period, they will refund the remaining amount on a prorated basis, which I thought was extremely reasonable.

    I hope this helps,

    Gabe
    www.royal7casinos.com - Online casino reviews, top USA casinos, bonuses, promotions, news, blog, and more!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to gyelloz For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (22 June 2010)

  4. #3
    dhayman is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Yes, GoDaddy is good and reputable. If you want too see the most prominent players in the U.S., visit my site at:

    http://www.expss.com/webhosting/BestWebHost7.htm

  5. #4
    Skinski's Avatar
    Skinski is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Location
    Conway , S.C.
    Posts
    675
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked 288 Times in 257 Posts

    Default

    Been using lunar pages for a few of my sites and not had much trouble. Support has been helpful when I ask for their assistance.

  6. #5
    Vrindavan's Avatar
    Vrindavan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2007
    Posts
    195
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,624
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    i have been using CertifiedHosting for over 6 months. So far OK to great.

  7. #6
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,003
    Thanks
    4,546
    Thanked 9,298 Times in 5,982 Posts

    Default

    I host my sites with.....waitforit....



    Universal4


    LOL



    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  8. #7
    clearlyportals is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Pandragon who is on here from time to time had a bad experience with her site hosted on GoDaddy. They just cut her off and only after complaining did she get it turned back on.

    Maybe you want to PM her for more details

  9. #8
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,003
    Thanks
    4,546
    Thanked 9,298 Times in 5,982 Posts

    Default

    There was a very serious issue with GoDaddy many years ago....had to do with all sites they hosted on a handfull of IP Classes getting dumped from Google's index....

    They eventually cleared that up but inmyopinion it gave them a serious black eye....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (25 June 2010)

  11. #9
    gyelloz's Avatar
    gyelloz is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Wow, I didn't realize how bad GoDaddy's track record was. I've only been using them for about 4 months now, and I still haven't run into any issues, but now I'm starting to think I should look into some of those other hosts before GoDaddy decides to give me problems.
    www.royal7casinos.com - Online casino reviews, top USA casinos, bonuses, promotions, news, blog, and more!

  12. #10
    cat's Avatar
    cat
    cat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2007
    Posts
    333
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    cyberwurx.com since 10 years

  13. #11
    clearlyportals is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    I've been using dreamhost.com for one of my USA facing sites for a while.

    Never had any problems with them and they offer a lot of advance functionality and are usually quite quick at responding to my problems (always a plus).

  14. #12
    Simmo! is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Posts
    893
    Thanks
    239
    Thanked 406 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clearlyportals View Post
    I've been using dreamhost.com for one of my USA facing sites for a while.

    Never had any problems with them and they offer a lot of advance functionality and are usually quite quick at responding to my problems (always a plus).
    I've used them before on non-gambling sites and they were very good.

    Hostgator is also recommended by me - if you want a bunch of seperate IP/Class C's they do a good SEO reseller package with control panel.


    Re: GoDaddy - weren't they one of the ISP's who rolled over in the Kentucky case or was it the opposite...can't remember but I'm sure they were mentioned in dispatches back then.

  15. #13
    RayUK's Avatar
    RayUK is offline In Memorian, 1964-2016
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 75 Times in 63 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan View Post
    i have been using CertifiedHosting for over 6 months. So far OK to great.
    I am probably going to be building some US based non-gambling sites in a few months, and after some research and whatnot on the interweb I have decided to go with certified hosting. Not heard anything bad about them, and have heard some good experiences from others.
    Ray
    Fun Bingo Online Facebook Twitter

    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to RayUK For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (30 June 2010)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •