Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Best way to manage SiteLinks?

    What is the best way to manage your website sitelinks? I have noticed that whatever google deems my sitelinks I do get more traffic from those keywords. I thought by changing my internal link structure to link to the pages I would like to see as sitelinks would create them but that has not worked.

    Maybe moreso it is based on external links and internal links combined? I have a blog on my site and it seems the pages I link to from my blog from within the actual articule content the most seem to get the sitelinks. Does that make sense?

    Is there a strategy to use?
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    best.hands is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Posts
    275
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Have you tried comparing your site links display to your most visited pages based on Google analytics? You might find clues from that view.

  3. #3
    davemerry's Avatar
    davemerry is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    751
    Thanks
    332
    Thanked 230 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    I confess I have not done to much research when it comes to sitelinks as of yet, however off the top of my head I would use the following management tactics:

    1. Use Google Webmaster Tools to block out sitelinks you do not want to show, pretty self explanatory when you are in control panel. It will hopefully cause Google to display your sought out alternatives.

    2. As best.hands said it would make sense that Google views the most navigated to pages as the ones that users will want to jump to instantly through the generated your sitelinks. See if there is any correlation between your analytics most visited pages and the sitelinks being generated. If there is then place your links more prominently to users in your navigation to manipulate your traffic flow and hopefully change your sitelinks. If this is correct then remember it is not the quantity of internal links, more the placing, so choose carefully.

    3. I wouldn't be suprised if external links play a part when deciding which pages are most relevant to display to users - after all they are meant to do as the above does, and help Google deem which pages are most important. Try the above whilst solid link building towards the page you want to be included in the sitelinks and it may push it over the edge,

    Wish I could contribute more! Planning to test this pretty soon so I will send you a quick message if I find anything conclusive.

  4. #4
    webber286 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2006
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    It's an interesting question and not really sure how Google figures out sitelinks, but my guess is they look at how you name your navigation links, then look at the links coming into those pages to make up the sitelinks. If you search for "playersjet" for instance, our website comes up with the following site links:

    Sportsbooks
    Casinos
    Poker Rooms
    Bingo

    However our main navigation links are labeled (in order):

    Online Casinos
    Online Poker Rooms
    Online Sportsbooks
    Online Bingo
    Online Slots

    So clearly Google is intelligently figuring out how to display the sitelinks.
    We help market the following websites: PlayersJet Online Gambling Sites | The Standard Pay Per Head

  5. #5
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the feedback. In looking at Pageviews and entry points neither really seem to correlate with the sitelinks. Its about 50/50 being half of the sitelinks appear to be top pages and half dont??

    If anyone seems to figure anything out please post. I will tinker with this somemore as well and if I can make any conclusions i will share as well.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  6. #6
    graham's Avatar
    graham is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 67 Times in 54 Posts

    Default

    I am not sure but google usually gives the most weight to pages with the most links and makes these your "sitelinks". Like DaveMerry mentioned you can specify pages which don't show there, but if you want them to recognize a page and add it to your sitelinks I really think you need to do your best to seo that page better. This is just a guess though.

  7. #7
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    220
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    Also how unique is the content on the pages. Google looks for pages that appear different enough from your other pages to pick out some quality site links I believe
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •