View Poll Results: Do you currently use FAQ schema markup on your sites?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, extensively.

    3 33.33%
  • Yes, moderately.

    1 11.11%
  • Yes, but rarely.

    2 22.22%
  • Not anymore.

    1 11.11%
  • Never used it.

    2 22.22%
  • Other (Please share in a post).

    0 0%
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 2,042 Posts

    Question Do you currently use FAQ schema markup on your sites?

    FAQ rich results were announced in the Google Search Central Blog in May, 2019: New in structured data: FAQ and How-to. They allowed pages using FAQ schema markup to display expandable question-and-answer sections directly within Google's search results. The enhanced listings often took up more SERP space and, for many sites, improved SEO visibility and click-through rates.

    As a result, FAQ markup quickly became extremely popular across affiliate, review, and informational websites. In some cases, nearly every page on a site ended up with SEO-focused FAQ sections added primarily to gain additional SERP real estate.

    However, as low-value and repetitive FAQ content spread across the web, Google dramatically reduced FAQ rich result visibility for most sites, as announced in the Google Search Central Blog in August 2023: Changes to HowTo and FAQ rich results.

    As of May 7, 2026, Google officially retired FAQ rich results, meaning they no longer appear in any Google search results. See the following Search Engine Land story for more background: Google to no longer support FAQ rich results.

    For today’s poll I ask if you currently use FAQ schema markup on your sites.

    If you do now, or ever have, has it been worthwhile for you over the years?

    Did FAQ rich results noticeably improve your visibility, click-through rates, or traffic? Will you continue using FAQ sections or FAQ schema markup going forward even though the rich results themselves are now gone?

    And more broadly, do you think structured data still plays an important role for SEO and AI-driven search results, or has Google been steadily reducing opportunities for publishers to gain additional visibility in the SERPs?

    As for me personally, I had contemplated having us add FAQ schema markup to some of our own sites over the years, but we never actually did, so at least I don't have any old FAQ markup to clean up or remove now.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  2. #2
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Yes I use it sparingly. No I haven't seen any particular uptick in traffic or other benefits.
    I feel it's useful info to put into a page - rather than have google make things up based on it's reading of content.

  3. #3
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Yes, I have done it and will continue to do so as long as it makes sense; it is not something I include by default.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  4. #4
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    I do use it and ive occasionally picked up spot 0 which from what I’ve seen just answers the question right there and then and you don’t get a lead at all. Doubt this discontinuation will make any impact.

  5. #5
    CMihail's Avatar
    CMihail is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    September 2018
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I've spent quite a lot of time on adding those FAQs just came here and see this.

  6. #6
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    I have never used it, I guess it lends itself to certain pages or types of pages but seemingly is not that important any more.

    It seems to me that google are getting better and better at picking out the content they want to display and summarising it as a snippet without any instruction from the page.

  7. #7
    hatario's Avatar
    hatario is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    I did it in the past, some were picked up by Google and displayed in the search, but the conversion rates were poor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •