Sometimes I read very good stories about trying to get other websites to use your RSS feed. The advantages I can think of are:
- Obtaining backlinks since every article in the feed contains a link to the full article on your website
- Making sure that all your articles are indexed by Google since google will automatically find links to the article through the websites that use your feed
However, I can also think of negative influence:
- Google regarding the many links obtained from the use of your feed used on many pages (also bad pages in the eyes of Google) as spammy
- Google thinking that there is duplicate content because the feed contains lines literally copied from your website
- Google indexing the part of the article that is duplicated on other sites, and indexing it even before it indexes your own website resulting in Google thinking that your website has copied the content rather than the other way around
I consider adding our RSS feed to sites like these: www.yatoo.ch
Here you can choose your categorie and add your feed in the appropriate category, is this a good idea?
If so, can I add to as many websites as I want or do I need to be careful with this?
Can you recommend some websites to add our rss feed to?
Many thanks!


LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks
Reply With Quote






