Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default DOMAIN SEIZED BY HOMELAND!! Sportsfans who can't See Their Team!! on TV

    I'm out of market for my fav basketball team - San Antonio Spurs - so I can only see them when one of the networks show a game.

    This site - http://atdhe.net/index.html shows games live over the internet, so if the Spurs game isn't televised in my area, I can still catch their games.

    Of course, it's updated daily, and show all the games for football, basketball, hockey, etc.
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  2. #2
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Well, that will teach me to post about anything else I really need to keep to my self!!

    http://atdhe.net/ has been seized by: ICE - Homeland Security Investigations, Special Agent in Charge, New York Office.

    So, no more Spurs games for me, unless they are on tv. Were it not for the fact this domain has been operating since 2008, I would not feel somewhat responsible for bringing it to the attention of "the powers...". Plus the fact that something else I mentioned on here was almost immediately acted upon as well.

    So, I think "Big Brother" has their eyes on GPWA and is busily trying to find a way to "Curb Out Enthusiasm"...
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  3. #3
    brean78's Avatar
    brean78 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    377
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 78 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    try myp2p.eu - it will show you all the sites that are showing Spurs when they play!

  4. #4
    DaveL's Avatar
    DaveL is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    If there's one thing I've seen over the years when it comes to site takedowns, is it doesn't take too long for another to pop up. Also for every well known one that gets the boot, there's another 2 that are less well known and keep themselves to themselves. Why the original copyright holders aren't thinking to make more money along these lines is beyond me, people are showing what they want, and if they could monetize it in a decent fashion, I think more would use such services.

  5. #5
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the info. What I wonder is doesn't it matter where the domain is registered? Where do they serve the paperwork on a domain seizure?

    Also, when I looked up the domain registration, it shows as private, and is good til 2013.
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •