Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Wordpress Sidebar Question

    Can someone tell me how to get rid of the H3 tag on the sidebar for wordpress? In the blogroll for every link category I have it defaults to an H3 tag.

    I know I have removed this before but for some reason I cant figure it out. The theme is codium extend and here is the address if anyone can take a look.

    http://www.usablackjackcasinos.com/news/

    Thanks - Travis
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Just figured it out! Thanks anyway
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  3. #3
    menthos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Hello compliments I really like your site

  4. #4
    BannerFlow is offline New Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Oh good. Otherwise the easiest way would be to use display:none via CSS, but there is also a way to write some code in the functions.php

  5. #5
    TheWaiter's Avatar
    TheWaiter is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Posts
    135
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    I would of thought this was on the CSS or Editor? secondly, just out of preference, I would maybe change your homepage to "home" and having what it currently is as the ALT tag, just some people like to see a home button, that's just my preference

  6. #6
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokerBonus View Post
    Just figured it out! Thanks anyway

    @ultimate or anyone that has experience with wordpres, which h tags are you using for the sidebars? I never set up h tags on the sidebars. Thanks guys
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  7. #7
    BannerFlow is offline New Member
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    it is usually h3. thats also the standard in all themes and when looking at SEO it is pretty okay

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BannerFlow For This Useful Post:

    edgarf76 (11 November 2013)

  9. #8
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    can't that be bad for a site if the post has h3's in them?

  10. #9
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edgarf76 View Post
    can't that be bad for a site if the post has h3's in them?
    I do not use any h tags in the sidebar. I wish WordPress and the different themes didnt put them in there. Every time I use WordPress I have to go in and take them out. I would think by now everyone should know not to use them in the sidebar. The same with making the header an h1 tag. I remove that also so my page title will be the only h1 tag.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  11. #10
    MMM
    MMM is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,763
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 718 Times in 501 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TravG View Post
    I remove that also so my page title will be the only h1 tag.
    Yes, don't know why they don't do it autmatically.

    Regarding H3, i haven't changed that. You think it's bad to have them?
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  12. #11
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Personally I do. I remove them because its not a headline and especially not headlines for the page its shows up on. By leaving it you have the same h3 headlines on every page.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  13. #12
    bet-chart's Avatar
    bet-chart is offline New Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    There shouldn't be more than one h1-tag, but i think it's no problem with h3- headlines, even when it's always the same on every page.

    Google itself uses h3 headlines for things like this, for example in the footer at https://developers.google.com/?hl=de

  14. #13
    Celebrationbird is offline Restricted Account
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Normally a few clicks around "inspect" in google chrome does the trick. If you get more advanced problems there is usually a solution on Stackoverflow.

  15. #14
    Ash2994 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2017
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    I always use H3. it seems good for blogs in Wordpress

  16. #15
    best5-casinos.com is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2018
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Do you have many clicks from the sidebar? I usually don't use because very few people clicks on it and it's hard to optimize a website with sidebar for mobile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •