Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    advantages is offline New Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Legal Hosting for Gambling Site?

    Where do you host your sites advertising gambling? Are you doing it legally?
    I am looking for a country, where I can legally host a site advertising internet casinos and poker rooms. I would like to advertise worldwide gambling operators, but usually it is allowed to advertise only these gambling operators that are located in (or licensed by) particular country.
    Is there any country, that dose not use such restrictions and allow to advertise gambling even, if the company is not located in or licensed by this country?
    How to choose the best country for hosting site advertising gambling?

  2. #2
    Webzcas's Avatar
    Webzcas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    1,395
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 409 Posts

    Default

    If you are running just portals and providing information to your visitors then the UK is perfect. No licence is required.
    Exit stage left

  3. #3
    aksana's Avatar
    aksana is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    437
    Thanked 261 Times in 196 Posts

    Default

    I host my site in Canada, have no any problems

  4. #4
    SportsBookie's Avatar
    SportsBookie is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2006
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    I've been looking for a hosting as well since my current server is hosted in US. I found a host in the UK called UKfast.net, tested the speed from Asia (where I'm from) and it seems good. Price is a little steep though but that's to be expected from an europe hosting company, you can check out their web hosting packages. Good luck!
    ProtoLiga - Major Football Leagues and Tournaments Coverage.

    Sportsbookie - Football Pre-Match Stats & Betting Insights

  5. #5
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    From what I understand, sites hosted in the UK will fall under the new Gambling Commission rules, set to come out in September. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can confirm?

  6. #6
    advantages is offline New Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for help!

    Please look at:
    http://www.culture.gov.uk/what_we_do...dvertising.htm

    I think it is (or will be in few months) prohibited to advertise gambling sites outside the European Union – look at Advertising of Foreign Gambling in section The future position.
    What do you think about it?

  7. #7
    MichaelBluejay is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

    Default

    I don't think it's necessarily illegal for a U.S.-based site to advertise online gambling, as per my analysis. So far as I know, no U.S. website owner has ever been convicted of carrying online gambling ads. And in the Casino City case, the court said specifically that advertising did not constitute aiding & abetting.

    Then again, the current U.S. administration has a frightening disregard for the rule of law....

  8. #8
    Webzcas's Avatar
    Webzcas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    1,395
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 409 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBluejay
    I don't think it's necessarily illegal for a U.S.-based site to advertise online gambling, as per my analysis. So far as I know, no U.S. website owner has ever been convicted of carrying online gambling ads. And in the Casino City case, the court said specifically that advertising did not constitute aiding & abetting.

    Then again, the current U.S. administration has a frightening disregard for the rule of law....
    The aiding and abetting angle depends on whether you affiliate with a casino and accrue revenue off a referred players losses. Or whether you just accept paid advertising.

    I have been told that affiliation and the linking to those casinos which still accept US Players, could be seen as aiding and abetting as a result of the UIGEA.

    As such I have no plans at all to fly west of Ireland until such time online gambling regulation and not prohibition is in place in the United States.

    Michael in his speech on the opening morning of Cap Euro, also stated he believes it will get much worse. I am inclined to agree with him. I am not scaremongering, I am just unfortunately appraising the entire situation, from the information I have read and obtained from talking to people including those in the legal profession.
    Exit stage left

  9. #9
    helpyou is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2006
    Posts
    830
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    You try www.vidahost.com : it is good to start......

    they have server in U.K. and in U.S.A.

    __________________
    The site www.onlinexcasinos.com has all the information that an online casino gamer needs. Information on the top online casinos and their review is there in the site. Read the casino game rules, history and gaming strategy of all online casino game. Read the software and payment option review. ---->><<-----
    you visit my sitemaphttp://www.onlinexcasinos.com/sitemap.html

  10. #10
    Webzcas's Avatar
    Webzcas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    1,395
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 409 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by advantages
    Thanks for help!

    Please look at:
    http://www.culture.gov.uk/what_we_do...dvertising.htm

    I think it is (or will be in few months) prohibited to advertise gambling sites outside the European Union – look at Advertising of Foreign Gambling in section The future position.
    What do you think about it?
    This I believe does not cover the Internet.
    Exit stage left

  11. #11
    anyone926 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    which host do you all use?

  12. #12
    Webzcas's Avatar
    Webzcas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    1,395
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 409 Posts

    Default

    I have my dedicated server with UK Based Coreix.net - They are superb. Offering very fast tech support service if and when required. Pricey but well worth every penny.
    Exit stage left

  13. #13
    advantages is offline New Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    OK, now you have server in UK. But if you advertise non-EU gambling operators, it will be illegal in few months. What then?
    Are you going to move your hosting outside UK or you think it will not be observed?

  14. #14
    merijn_pu is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    As we ourselves are orienting on migrating from the netherlands (terrible jurisdiction) this topic is of particular interest to me. Where to migrate?

    Of course (1) (future) legality is the most important consideration, closely followed by (2) ease and accessibilty of support sysadmin contacts and (3) speed of connection relative to our location (which is Western Europe).

    As I understand things, but please correct me if my assumptions are wrong, the legality of our enterprises is defined solely by the location of the servers. And thus not by location of the persons actually running the website nor by the residence of the domain name registrars.

    If this is so, it would be tremendously helpful to set up a database of jurisdictions where (online) gambling is more or less legal, and, more to the point, of hosting companies with decent english-speaking support.

  15. #15
    Webzcas's Avatar
    Webzcas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    1,395
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 409 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by advantages
    OK, now you have server in UK. But if you advertise non-EU gambling operators, it will be illegal in few months. What then?
    Are you going to move your hosting outside UK or you think it will not be observed?
    This is an area I am currently monitoring. There are viable workarounds which will enable me to keep a server in the UK.
    Exit stage left

  16. #16
    WinYourWayKyle is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2005
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    I run my sites out of Canada, and I have had no problem with it....The Kanawake Gaming Commission (or whatever it is called) is run out of Canada as welll, which provides licenses for many online gaming sites, so I think Canada would be a safe bet for you.

  17. #17
    CityGuard's Avatar
    CityGuard is offline Former GPWA Program Manager
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    442
    Thanked 673 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerK View Post
    I run my sites out of Canada, and I have had no problem with it....The Kanawake Gaming Commission (or whatever it is called) is run out of Canada as welll, which provides licenses for many online gaming sites, so I think Canada would be a safe bet for you.
    One slight distinction here -- the Kahnawake Gaming Commission is based in Kahnawake, a sovereign native tribal territory, so I wouldn't use it as an indicator about Canadian law.
    I have left the industry and earned a law degree at Indiana University Bloomington, Maurer School of Law. Here are ways to stay in touch with me:
    > Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StevenCorfman
    > LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencorfman/
    > Skype: StevenCorfman
    > Phone: +1 617 785 9324

    Inquiries intended for an administrator or staff member can be directed to Anthony Telesca through the forum (username Anthony) or to the general contact address manager AT gpwa DOT org.

  18. #18
    WinYourWayKyle is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2005
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    Very true! Native land may not be regulated under Canadian Law. But to further my point, I use a Canadian hosting company for my sites, and online gaming (playing) is legal in Canada, so I dont think you would have a problem hosting a portal... and there has been no talk or rumors about any laws going through congress about banning online gaming here in Canada anytime soon.

  19. #19
    JohnR2B's Avatar
    JohnR2B is offline New Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Drop me a PM and I will refer you to an affordable offshore host

  20. #20
    Gamblingdungeon's Avatar
    Gamblingdungeon is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    Durban, South Africa
    Posts
    117
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Hosting in th US

    Hi All,

    My sites are currently hosted at Hostica.com, they are in the US, will they have to stop my site being hosted there? If they do, would hosting in South Africa do? (my home country)

    Glenn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •