My main site has been has been live since 2004, it's a 'mobile casino' portal and it gets acceptable organic traffic.
Over the years, the site and it's structure has grown due to three factors:
1. Significant increase in compatible mobile devices.
2. Many more mobile games.
3. Many more brands/operators.
A result of these factors over 8 years, the folder structure of the site isn't all intuitive, the folder names aren't all seo optimised, and I find updating the site is taking longer and longer.
None of this is a problem for the users, as I have the navigation working well enough that the user doesn't need to concern themselves with the folder structure or folder names.
So "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I hear you yelling. I am inclined to agree, but wonder if I'm missing out on some good organic traffic due to poorly crafted folder names created 5 years ago, and I personally would certainly benefit from spending less time maintain the site.
I've read that 301 redirects could be the solution that allows me to tidy up the folder structure/names.
Does anyone have experience on the effectiveness or horror stories of 301 redirects?


LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks
Reply With Quote

