Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Russ's Avatar
    Russ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default UEFA Champions League Final 2006

    Did anyone see the game today? I went and had 6 odd pints of Guinness and watched the game. I was hoping Arsenal would take it because I didn't think Henrik Larsson (Ghod) would play in the game (otherwise I probably would have went out and bought a #7 Barcelona shirt!).

    Anyway, Goalie sent off after what, 17 minutes? Then Arsenal with 10 men score at around 35 odd minutes... I think it took the man himself to come on and set up the two goals that finished Arsenal.

    Did anyone see it, any football (soccer) fans here?

  2. #2
    bonuscasinos's Avatar
    bonuscasinos is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2004
    Location
    still the same place
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    I think Lehmann was sent off in the 18th minute after putting an emergency break to this guy...

    Anyway, I'm not that big a soccer fan, only watch the important games and ofcourse the Worldcup The final game will be played about 5 minutes from my home... It will be very exiting with all the fans in town over the next month...

    Does affect this red card Lehmann anyhow for the worldcup? He is listed for gerrmany No. 1 Goaly... How many games he can't play now?
    GamblingGuards.com Your #1 Gambling News Source!
    GamblingStart.com - The right place to start gambling online
    BonusCasinos.com - arround since 1999...
    --------------------------------
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME FOR WHO I AM; THEN YOU DON'T LIKE ME FOR WHO I AM... I DON'T CARE!

  3. #3
    Russ's Avatar
    Russ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default re: Lehmann

    I don't know. I think after the referee has been quoted as saying that:

    "I would have liked to have taken a few more seconds before I made a decision," Hauge told a Norwegian newspaper" (source bbc sport/football website)

    I think it would be hard for FIFA to penalise him. Still, at least you have Oliver Kahn!

    The best thing about Barcelona winning this (thanks to Larsson) is that Glasgow Celtic (my bhoys) now gain direct qualification and don't have the initial qualifying round (remember Artmedia Bratislava last year )...

    8 millions pounds (UK) to be earned for gaining this Europpean place, hopefully Celtic's chiefs give Strachan a big wad of dough for summer signings!!!

  4. #4
    Russ's Avatar
    Russ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bonuscasinos
    The final game will be played about 5 minutes from my home... It will be very exiting with all the fans in town over the next month...
    I forgot to ask - Are you going to go watch any of the games live?

    I am mad about football (soccer), shame Scotland aren't in the World Cup though

  5. #5
    bonuscasinos's Avatar
    bonuscasinos is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2004
    Location
    still the same place
    Posts
    292
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ
    I forgot to ask - Are you going to go watch any of the games live?
    I wasn't beable to get me a ticket.... Was trying it over the fifa ticket center but gave up... I will go with my girl to certain hotspots what are beeing everywhere installed in the city.... Watching on a real big big screen with all the other fans... I guess it will be a great atmosphere there....
    GamblingGuards.com Your #1 Gambling News Source!
    GamblingStart.com - The right place to start gambling online
    BonusCasinos.com - arround since 1999...
    --------------------------------
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME FOR WHO I AM; THEN YOU DON'T LIKE ME FOR WHO I AM... I DON'T CARE!

  6. #6
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ
    The best thing about Barcelona winning this (thanks to Larsson) is that Glasgow Celtic (my bhoys) now gain direct qualification and don't have the initial qualifying round (remember Artmedia Bratislava last year )...

    8 millions pounds (UK) to be earned for gaining this Europpean place, hopefully Celtic's chiefs give Strachan a big wad of dough for summer signings!!!
    Exactly why I wanted a Barcelona win! Hopefully we'll do better this year!

  7. #7
    Paolino's Avatar
    Paolino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2002
    Posts
    2,594
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    264
    Thanked 334 Times in 258 Posts

    Default

    It's about one month i live in London, so i was hoping for Arsenal.
    However the game was amazing. Great first half played by Arsenal, and great performances of Barcelona on the second half.
    Guys have you seen Giuly? It's a shame he wasn't called on the national team this year!

    Does affect this red card Lehmann anyhow for the worldcup? He is listed for gerrmany No. 1 Goaly... How many games he can't play now?
    No it doesn't affect.

    O.T: Did you hear about italian football? What a shame.
    -----------------------------------------
    Paolo

    Online Gambling Guide - casinoimpact.com.
    I sell Cheap Web Hosting.

  8. #8
    Russ's Avatar
    Russ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doolally
    Exactly why I wanted a Barcelona win! Hopefully we'll do better this year!
    Doolally, youre a Tim?!

  9. #9
    Russ's Avatar
    Russ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paolino
    Guys have you seen Giuly? It's a shame he wasn't called on the national team this year!
    Ludovic Giuly the Frenchman? He's one of the fastest midfielders (attacking midfielders) I've seen. I remember him well against Scotland beating us 2-0 in 2000. He's on the squad for frand in the World Cup, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paolino
    O.T: Did you hear about italian football? What a shame
    Juventus, match fixing? Terrible. They could go down to Serie B, oh no... That's terrible for a club like that to be in that situation.

  10. #10
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ
    Doolally, youre a Tim?!

    Sure am!!

  11. #11
    Russ's Avatar
    Russ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doolally
    Sure am!!
    HAIL, HAIL!!! Me too, born 10 years too late of the greatest european cup final ever.

  12. #12
    Paolino's Avatar
    Paolino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2002
    Posts
    2,594
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    264
    Thanked 334 Times in 258 Posts

    Default

    Ludovic Giuly the Frenchman? He's one of the fastest midfielders (attacking midfielders) I've seen. I remember him well against Scotland beating us 2-0 in 2000. He's on the squad for frand in the World Cup, right?
    Unfortunately not He will stay at home with Anelka and Pires.
    -----------------------------------------
    Paolo

    Online Gambling Guide - casinoimpact.com.
    I sell Cheap Web Hosting.

  13. #13
    Weki is offline New Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    To early.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •