Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default Question about Wire transfers from South Africa

    Hi All,

    I have a question about wire transfers and need some clarity please. If anyone could help it would be appreciated greatly.

    I have been waiting on a WIRE transfer from South Africa for 21-22 days now.

    I have been assured several times it has been sent and promised it was looked after several times.

    I have got wire transfers several times which take 2-5 days and never ever 21 -22 days.. Its really starting to worry me.

    Has anyone ever had this happen?

    Is it normal for wires from South Africa to take 22 days and longer??

    I continually ask for verification and am given assurances it was sent but it never comes...

    Anyone have any clue? Does South Africa have issues right now and blocking wires??

    I have contacted my bank over 30-40 times and they seem to think its not coming, but i have continually been assured.

    Like wise asking around to some South African affiliates in the area some say 14 days is normal but i wanted to see if anyone else had issues like this.

    I trust the person who said it was sent, and they continually say it was sent so i am not sure what to do...

    Cheers

    Steve

  2. #2
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Hi Steve
    I hope you got my pm I sent you the other day with all that advice in it , but 21 to 22 days is extreme - even by South African standards which is known to be slow when it comes to processing international transfers.

  3. #3
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Hey Topboss,

    Yes i did get your pm thanks so much for the advice and information. It was very helpful and i understood it very well.

    I did again speak with an official at the bank who has been trying to track it down and they feel something similar that you do.

    The are continually monitoring it, and will inform me if it does arrive. Currently again I am trying to get confirmation (proof it was sent). None yet so i am crossing my fingers.

    A few other affiliates also said 10-12 days is ample time, while the longest one has waited is about 2 1/2 weeks from South Africa.

    I have yet to hear from anyone who has waited 3 weeks, so maybe this is a fluke occurence.

    Again I have given my trust to the source and hope it does arrive soon. I assume it will be here by the end of this week (tomorrow).

    If not it would be going on close to 1 month with no promised wire coming and that would be seriously bad.

    Im crossing my fingers and will update when arrives.. Will PM you as well.

    Thanks again for your great PM and advice, your certainly in a great position to understand the situation and know much of the SOuth African affiliate community..

    Cheers

    Steve

  4. #4
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Ask the sender to request a transfer receipt from the processor. That's the surefire way to know if it has been sent or not because all banks issue one.

    Cheers
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  5. #5
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Ask the sender to request a transfer receipt from the processor. That's the surefire way to know if it has been sent or not because all banks issue one.

    Cheers
    Hey Renee,

    Thanks for the post and idea. i agree it would be a sure way to tell. I have asked for something of this kind a few times already..

    Still waiting so I hope somehow I can get this. That was I would be able to tell if any error happened or not.

    Well thanks again, I hope i hear back from them soon on this.

    Steve

  6. #6
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Incidently i have had a few Affilaites tell me 2 -3 days they are getting wires from South Africa..

    Anyone else get wires from South Africa in this time frame??

    Cheers

    Steve

  7. #7
    raphnix's Avatar
    raphnix is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 68 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    I'm not really knowledgeable about wire transfer schemes whilst I prefer using Paypal to all my transactions. At least, in paypal, you'll just have to give your email.

  8. #8
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    It seems something terrible has transpired, and i have been told the money may have been stolen by a go between person.

    Im still working on this. But apparently the money was stolen.

    Will post about this soon as i try and resolve it.

    Steve

  9. #9
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,987
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    raphnix....

    Very few programs pay by paypal....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  10. #10
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    2,681
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    hey Steve not sure about the money being stolen by a go between person but Honestly if one of my prograsm were sending me money then claim it got 'stolen' I would be telling them where to fgo.I certainly hope it is not somebody from South Africa that we deal with!

    Judy

  11. #11
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    Huh ? Stolen ?

    Hmmm

    South Africa to USA usually 3 days, depends on intermediate bank etc. Central America countries about the same.

    Weird place are India, China, Pakistan, which can take 7 days or so.

    Ill admit, if I was sending you any money and some one on my side stole it, I would resend it and NOT tell you was stolen. Makes you look bad....

    Good luck to you !
    "CasinoJack"


  12. #12
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinobonusguy View Post
    hey Steve not sure about the money being stolen by a go between person but Honestly if one of my prograsm were sending me money then claim it got 'stolen' I would be telling them where to fgo.I certainly hope it is not somebody from South Africa that we deal with!

    Judy
    To be honest i am very surprised by all this. I am trying my best to get this resolved as much as possible in a nice way.

    Part of whats troubling is all my details have been given to a third party who apparently has ran off with money of what was suppose to mine in an agreement made.

    Im hoping an alternative can be reached right away and theif is brough to justice.

    Steve

  13. #13
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinojack View Post
    Huh ? Stolen ?

    Hmmm

    South Africa to USA usually 3 days, depends on intermediate bank etc. Central America countries about the same.

    Weird place are India, China, Pakistan, which can take 7 days or so.

    Ill admit, if I was sending you any money and some one on my side stole it, I would resend it and NOT tell you was stolen. Makes you look bad....

    Good luck to you !
    Thanks mate,

    Yes I hear you.. Its hard to explain as i really do not want to divuldge to much just yet.

    Im hoping they will at least be honorable and work this out immediately as the alternative i worked out is fair...

    I am so disappointed and shocked at the stories.

    Steve

  14. #14
    AmCan's Avatar
    AmCan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 1999
    Location
    The Lost City of Atlantas
    Posts
    2,376
    Thanks
    242
    Thanked 326 Times in 161 Posts

    Default

    Who are you working with? (i ask rhetorically). Frankly anyone who insists they sent you a wire but refuses to send confirmation receipt is likely a liar. I've heard this same story myself, as did my friend from various people, when you keep pushing for the receipt and they cant produce it, it's time to assume they're not paying you or are stalling to help out cash flow. If this is a new/half ass program, maybe they could look this bad/inept, but frankly i think you're being given a song and dance.


    Frankly it's time to ask them to "Please kiss me and tell me you love me" cause i like to hear those words right before someone s me!

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmCan For This Useful Post:

    GFPC (4 April 2009), Renee (5 April 2009)

  16. #15
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmCan View Post
    Who are you working with? (i ask rhetorically). Frankly anyone who insists they sent you a wire but refuses to send confirmation receipt is likely a liar. I've heard this same story myself, as did my friend from various people, when you keep pushing for the receipt and they cant produce it, it's time to assume they're not paying you or are stalling to help out cash flow. If this is a new/half ass program, maybe they could look this bad/inept, but frankly i think you're being given a song and dance.


    Frankly it's time to ask them to "Please kiss me and tell me you love me" cause i like to hear those words right before someone s me!
    Thanks for that advice mate. Its just so upsetting i was treated like this. Im at a lose for words right now. But i thank everyone who has offered their support.

    I will surely update on this in due time.

    Steve

  17. #16
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default Update!

    Over the next week or so I will be posting a full account of what has transpired with regard to this issue so as to protect any other affiliates from possibly experiencing what i have. Im currently working with my bank to make sure i am in fact safe before i do so. I just wanted opinions on this from other affilaites.

    It seems, the wire was initiated by a supposed investor group to the program i was dealing with, about 3 weeks ago. A secretary of this group was given 3K to wire to me to cover an agreement i had made with a program to Attend CAC Amsterdam.

    During his time the wire never came, and as many suggested i should request proof of transaction. I did so many times.

    Just yesterday i got a reply, that the secretary gave the money (3000) to her friends son who was apparently travellling to the USA on a trip. He was supposed to deposit that money into a bank and wire to me so it could be received by me in 3 days and book my flight.

    This person was given all my details, my name, personal details, bank information with account numbers and branch and all codes.

    It is assume by the operator that he has ran off with the money and he apparently can not be found.

    Now i do not know if this is factual, and it is hard to believe but that is besides the point at this point.

    What i am most interested in is my safety concerning my banking information.

    I feel as my privacy has been violated by this investor groups secretary by given out all my banking details. I also feel its a potential security breach and wondering if i have anything to worry about.

    Is there anything a fraudulent person can do with all my personal details and banking information's and use it to acess my account?

    I have contacted the bank, and will call the banks security department. I o not have this persons name, but only that he is the son of a secrataries friend.

    Well that's all for now, once i know i am safe i will post the full story.


    Steve

  18. #17
    raphnix's Avatar
    raphnix is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 68 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    raphnix....

    Very few programs pay by paypal....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Yeah I observed too Renee. I actually just used paypal for their donation button feature. You know about that?

  19. #18
    AmCan's Avatar
    AmCan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 1999
    Location
    The Lost City of Atlantas
    Posts
    2,376
    Thanks
    242
    Thanked 326 Times in 161 Posts

    Default

    That's such a ridiculous story, that it's probably true. :O

    I hope you've already notified your bank of the security breach and that the worst part of this, not being paid, is over.

    I look forward to learning if this is a group that i work with.

    Sorry for all the grief steve, i hope you can get your money out of these people.

  20. #19
    AK's Avatar
    AK
    AK is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    558
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 90 Times in 65 Posts

    Default

    wow this has scam written all over it..

    Bank wires should take no longer then 3 business days no matter where in the world. I receive them from Hong Kong, Tailand, Costa Rica, and other countries and they hit my bank the next day 2 days tops.

  21. #20
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    I know how rediculous it sounds. Believe me I went through it. Just wait till i gather all the documentation and distribute a press release with all the facts.

    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •