View Poll Results: How old are you?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in my 20s

    7 8.97%
  • I'm in my 30s

    35 44.87%
  • I'm in my 40s

    17 21.79%
  • I'm in my 50s

    12 15.38%
  • I'm over the age of 60

    7 8.97%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1. #1
    GPWA Gary's Avatar
    GPWA Gary is offline GPWA Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 49 Times in 21 Posts

    Default How old are you?

    Way back in November 2013 there was a poll here on the GPWA forums asking how old our affiliate members were and 42.68% responded that they were in their 30s.

    We also found a Statista survey from 2016 that revealed the largest segment of affiliates falls within the 25-54 range, with the biggest share (31.86%) aged between 35-44 and nearly 12% of all affiliate marketers 55 and above.

    So, we thought it would be interesting to revisit this question and see if the age of our members has changed at all over the last six years.

    In addition to agreeing to reveal your age range, please feel free to post comments about your past experience, how long you have been an iGaming affiliate and any other information relative to your age.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GPWA Gary For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (6 February 2020), Former Member 14 (5 February 2020), Robbie Billiams (22 March 2020)

  3. #2
    allaboutthebets's Avatar
    allaboutthebets is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    940
    Thanks
    905
    Thanked 420 Times in 304 Posts

    Default

    I'm 37 going on 18

    Been in the industry for about 9 years. Couldn't see myself doing anything else now.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to allaboutthebets For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (5 February 2020)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Started as a casino affiliate in Feb 2000 - I was 39. A LOT of water has flowed under the proverbial 'bridge', since. Mostly good memories. Though some not so great. More so, times like this I remember affiliate friends who are no longer with us. A bitter sweet.

    Commenced a thread here, today:
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/where-doe...go-251587.html

    Kind of ironic, given this Poll, which I spotted a couple hours after writing that thread.

  6. #4
    Juan Roman's Avatar
    Juan Roman is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    582
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 263 Times in 184 Posts

    Default

    I am 36. Been in the industry since 2008, working for a couple of affiliates before starting my own content writing/affiliate business.

    Absolutely love the industry we are in as it constantly keeps you on your toes. In spite of the various regulation changes, the opportunities are endless, the hard work and good ideas usually get handsomely rewarded, which is not always the case in other walks of life.

  7. #5
    fullbenefit is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2019
    Posts
    331
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 70 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    28. Was one of the first ones do it in my homecountry. Only recently started going international.

  8. #6
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    I am 52 and been in the Affiliate industry since I was 32

  9. #7
    veikkauskertoimet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2018
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    31 now, have been working on my affiliate portfolio more or less 5 years.

  10. #8
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 2,042 Posts

    Default

    Since I did my early programming on IBM mainframes in assembly language, I'm partial to hexadecimal. Plus, it sounds a lot better to say I am 43.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MichaelCorfman For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (7 February 2020), DanHorvat (12 February 2020), Doolally (22 February 2020)

  12. #9
    cantona07 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2020
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    I used to manage ad accounts for blue chip companies including one or two betting giants. I left that job 7 years ago to become a full-time affiliate. I'm 40.

  13. #10
    casinoportal's Avatar
    casinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 159 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    37 now, I first started when I was about 20, and after a long break I came back early last year. I have some good memories from back then, things have changed a lot, and some good people are no longer with us.
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up"

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casinoportal For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (7 February 2020), Former Member 14 (8 February 2020)

  15. #11
    Strider1973's Avatar
    Strider1973 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 268 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    I'm glad to see that there are many people in my age group and even above (older).
    "Semper paratus!"
    My BTC Address: 1F11EJvSAab5vMQgGWGQMASr9T7LCkZjvb

  16. #12
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    44 now, been in this game since 2009.

    Before that worked in marketing for a FTSE100 company, finally got fed up of the corporate bull and became master of my own destiny

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to golfbettingsystem For This Useful Post:

    ddm (10 February 2020)

  18. #13
    onlinecasinowala is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    November 2018
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I'm 33 and quite new to Affiliate programming.

    I am an engineer by profession and affiliate marketing is the market street which attracted me always.

    I am running 2 websites for now one is related to casino games at details and another one is for my invention of roulette prediction software which is going quite good for now.

    Apart from it i love travelling as well.

    OCW
    London

  19. #14
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,816 Times in 2,157 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golfbettingsystem View Post
    ...became master of my own destiny
    I am 12. I like that.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (10 February 2020), sweetbet (10 February 2020)

  21. #15
    spelrek is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2020
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    I'm 27!

  22. #16
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    I'm in the Autumn of my life

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetbet For This Useful Post:

    Strider1973 (10 February 2020)

  24. #17
    Malikbhai is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    786
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 378 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    I'm that age when everything around me begins to suck. Suck real bad.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Malikbhai For This Useful Post:

    MMM (22 March 2020)

  26. #18
    Nenad is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2019
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 155 Times in 128 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malikbhai View Post
    I'm that age when everything around me begins to suck. Suck real bad.
    Totally agree with you, I'm like that as well!

  27. #19
    nwalker's Avatar
    nwalker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked 456 Times in 270 Posts

    Default

    I'm 57. Started 7 years ago having spent the previous 30 years in IT. Can't say I miss the corporate world. Love the vibe of the industry even with it sometimes challenging moments. Having a good business plan, understanding and mitigating risks to your business and maintaining good relationships helps you ride those bumps in the road.
    Sold www.livecasinocomparer.com in April 2025 - Now retired

  28. #20
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,359
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,105
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,836 Posts

    Default

    We're getting older

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •