View Poll Results: What desktop operating system(s) do you use?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • MAC OS X (any variant)

    12 20.00%
  • Linux

    5 8.33%
  • Windows 10

    40 66.67%
  • Windows 8 (including 8.1)

    5 8.33%
  • Windows 7

    13 21.67%
  • Earlier Windows (Vista, NT, 2000, 98, etc.)

    2 3.33%
  • Other

    1 1.67%
  • I don't use a desktop

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1. #1
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,365 Times in 2,041 Posts

    Question What desktop operating system(s) do you use?

    While mobile device usage continues to grow, for most of us working as affiliates, a desktop remains the principal way to get work done. So, for this week's poll, I thought I'd ask what operating system folks use for their desktop. Or desktops, since you can vote in this poll more than once if you have different desktops running different operating systems.

    Besides voting in the poll, share your thoughts about any future migration plans, and your views on migrating to newer versions of operating systems if you are on an older one.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MichaelCorfman For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (18 May 2017)

  3. #2
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    I'm very happy with Windows 10.

  4. #3
    Progger's Avatar
    Progger is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,420
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 923 Times in 580 Posts

    Default

    win 10 for all desktops
    Linux for the servers.

    I dont like mac,because i use win since years and i know what i need and how i can get it .

  5. #4
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Desktop remains with Win7, so too does 1 laptop, while the other has Win10. Servers always Linux!

  6. #5
    allaboutthebets's Avatar
    allaboutthebets is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    940
    Thanks
    905
    Thanked 420 Times in 304 Posts

    Default

    I have tried many times to get on with Apple but I just can't...............iMac, macbook or iPhone/iPad............iTunes is so horrible to use.

    Windows 10 on desktop & laptops, so easy to use but maybe because we are all so familiar with Windows

  7. #6
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,891
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 1,239 Times in 766 Posts

    Default

    I kicked Windows 3 yrs ago complete and changed all to MAC - best decision ever!
    Nothing is so safe and so easy to use!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to eenzoo For This Useful Post:

    JoeyC (16 June 2021)

  9. #7
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    1. Windows 10 desktop.
    2. MacBook Pro.

    All my site work gets done on the desktop and the MacBook is for when I'm on the move and need to read my emails, check stats and site maintenance and of course to look cool when working on it in a coffee shop.

  10. #8
    PromoteCasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,114
    Thanks
    1,069
    Thanked 489 Times in 333 Posts

    Default

    I use Mac in day job so was natural for me to work at home from Mac OSX too. Plus hated the security issues with PCs
    BettingOffers.bet - Latest offers and bonuses from reputable UK bookmakers. A New project underway but a long way to go Bookie Rewards

  11. #9
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,407
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 920 Times in 579 Posts

    Default

    Bill Gates has me by the balls, too ingrained with Windows to change now

  12. #10
    TheGamblersClub is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2015
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 38 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Window 7 - I've been a windows user all my computer life. Plan on buying an iMac they look cool.
    RTGCasinos.cc - Find the best Real Time Gaming Casinos

  13. #11
    dfiocch's Avatar
    dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 565 Times in 348 Posts

  14. #12
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,354
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,103
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,836 Posts

    Default

    After working with Windows & linux for over over 20 years I moved to MAC OS 1.5 years ago and - it's the best !
    very stable OS for work !

  15. #13
    QuinneyJ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    I have always had Windows in all my desktops and now laptops, never been an Mac person although I do own an iPhone. Somehow, I am too used to Windows and it's not like a Mac is any cheaper for me to even contemplate a switch.

    Whatever little I have used of a Mac - friend's or a relative's - it's been hard work, so unless I win it as a prize, don't think I am going to shift any time soon!

  16. #14
    manuelinbmw is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Posts
    189
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    I use windows 10 I've always been a windows user.

  17. #15
    celena's Avatar
    celena is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Posts
    1,817
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    3,747
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,083 Posts

    Default

    I have in main Windows 7 and Windows 10 on another laptop.

  18. #16
    Football-Writer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2015
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 48 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    I am still on Windows 7 for my desktop, as I have had it for a long time and use my laptops for my daily business.

  19. #17
    Alex_PlayAttack is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    March 2017
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 84 Times in 61 Posts

    Default

    I used to be on WinXP till 2015, it was awesome. Now I have few pcs with different OSs but still miss XP

  20. #18
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    Windows 10 and think it's spot on.

    Mind you, I liked Windows 7 so perhaps I'm just a Microsoft degenerate.

  21. #19
    Moonlight Cat's Avatar
    Moonlight Cat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    1,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,234
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 675 Posts

    Default

    Windows 10.

  22. #20
    GermanWriter is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2017
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Linux, even though I don't like it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •