Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Just starting

  1. #1
    Base's Avatar
    Base is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Just starting

    I've been playing poker for years now and have dabbled in and out of starting a casino affiliate website, but this time I'm taking it seriously.

    I could definitely use pointers in getting up and ready for launch. I feel I am close. Here is my website so far, well I can't post just yet so feel free to have a conversation with me

    So far the most difficult thing to get done is the actual reviews for the sites and I often find I procrastinate that part by thinking of more projects to add to it.

    Hopefully eventually I make my way into the private forum but it looks like I'm stuck out here for awhile Anyways, hello all.

  2. #2
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    Hi Base!

    Keeping working away at it and you'll know when it's ready for launch. The more work you put will, the more you'll get out.

    Good luck!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doolally For This Useful Post:

    Base (10 April 2009)

  4. #3
    Benjamin Whidden is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Welcome! you have come to the right place for great support and advice.

    Ben
    AbsoluteSlots.com | Online Slot Machines and Casino

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benjamin Whidden For This Useful Post:

    Base (10 April 2009)

  6. #4
    Base's Avatar
    Base is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Thanks for the support, all! Seems like I found just the place I've been looking for. I'm learning a lot about web development along the way. In fact, I stayed up until 2am last night making some changes to the general layout of my reviews.

    I took out the sidebar as it felt a little cluttered. I lost 4 125x125 advertisements displayed in the sidebar, and the blogroll (it's all done in wordpress) but I didn't feel the links on the side provided any navigation value.

    As far as the 125x125 ads, if I decide each review page needs ads later down the road I can add them back in as another format, but I reasoned that each review is really an advertisement of its own. Any thoughts on this approach?

  7. #5
    Base's Avatar
    Base is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Also, how do you go about writing reviews for sites you've never actually played on before? I contacted the brand managers and had a unique review written for me, but it was not at all objective so I wonder if people respond better to an objective review site or basically all positive stuff

  8. #6
    CityGuard's Avatar
    CityGuard is offline Former GPWA Program Manager
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    442
    Thanked 673 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    Also, how do you go about writing reviews for sites you've never actually played on before?
    In terms of reviewing sites you haven't used, the best thing I could recommend would be either a) limiting the number of sites you review so you have time to test on all of them, or b) hire a review writer.


    Welcome to the community!
    I have left the industry and earned a law degree at Indiana University Bloomington, Maurer School of Law. Here are ways to stay in touch with me:
    > Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StevenCorfman
    > LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencorfman/
    > Skype: StevenCorfman
    > Phone: +1 617 785 9324

    Inquiries intended for an administrator or staff member can be directed to Anthony Telesca through the forum (username Anthony) or to the general contact address manager AT gpwa DOT org.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to CityGuard For This Useful Post:

    Base (10 April 2009)

  10. #7
    raphnix's Avatar
    raphnix is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 68 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CityGuard View Post
    In terms of reviewing sites you haven't used, the best thing I could recommend would be either a) limiting the number of sites you review so you have time to test on all of them, or b) hire a review writer.


    Welcome to the community!
    I agree with CityGuard. You should also limit the casino sites you review to avoid mishap for your players.

    You can hire a review writer or research deeply about the gambling site you want to review. Sometimes, forum communities like this can give you enough idea about them.

    Goodluck and welcome at GPWA.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to raphnix For This Useful Post:

    Base (14 April 2009)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •