hi my site is new and i have been hearing lots of stories about Google's sandbox what is it, and if it exists how long do you stay in it for does any body know about it thanks guys
hi my site is new and i have been hearing lots of stories about Google's sandbox what is it, and if it exists how long do you stay in it for does any body know about it thanks guys
From the many articles that I've read over the years, it exists. How it works and how long do sites stay there for, I have no idea.
bingodelight (8 February 2013)
Ok mate thanks for the reply mate
For my own experience, 9-12 months. But this is only my point of view. I know facts that some gambling webmasters get US-google top for "slots online", "online slots", "play slots online" e.t.c. after 9 months. But those guys was a high class professionals in search engine optimisation, they had his own private network with several hundreds permanently updated gambling sattelite-sites, and this was before panda/penguin google updates.
I think you must don't worry too match about "Google Sandbox". Online gambling - this is "long money", Create large amount of interesting and unique content for your site, be patient and this is 100% working against "Google sandbox".
There is NO sandbox now...
There is NO sandbox now...
There was a "sandbox" about three+ years ago. But after the major algorithm update in the fall of 2011... the Sand box was no more.
It just amazes me how such out of date information keeps getting propagated.
Take a look at the dates of those SEO articles your reading... If the article is over six months old... the information is out of date and out of date SEO information is not only useless, but in a LOT of cases using old SEO methods can hurt your sites ranking or even get your domain banned.
If you want to know what google is doing... just ask them.
You want to get laughed at and ridiculed... mention the "sandbox" in the google forums...![]()
Moonlight Cat (8 February 2013)
Ok why isn't my site being ranked yet
Yes, I also think that there is no sandbox. The guys mistake losing the "newbie bonus" (the good ranking until correct ranking has been adjusted) with sandbox.
Not in any particular order:
1.Your linking profile is obviously paid for or bad link exchanges.
2.Your code has errors.
3.Your sitemap does not work.
4. Your content is not unique enough to make your site 'stand out' from the tens of thousands of other bingo sites.
My site map doesn't work it does am using SEO Yoast
What code has errors
How can I fix these errors can you help
Fixing your link profile is much more important than fixing the code errors.
The code is wordpress and they are sloppy with their code, so I would not worry too much about the code till you have everything else taken care of.
Your link profile is a text book example of what not to do.
If you don't rethink your linking strategy, that site will never rank... IMPO.
And you will never acquire good quality links without making your content more unique, something worth linking too.
As far as the sitemap... Can you give me one good reason why you need 3 different sitemaps for one very small site? (almost one sitemap per 2 pages...)
Because I can't think of a single one.
That's why I said your sitemap does not work.![]()
Last edited by lots0; 8 February 2013 at 10:37 pm.
Can you recommend any good link profile checking tool?
From what I have read, and have seen, and have heard reported to me by other affiliates, Google actually gives a boost nowadays to new websites from 2-6 weeks. Numerous people have experienced this, therefore I am inclined to believe that sandbox is not naturally triggered, unless some sort of an indicator gives Google a red light, but in this case might be just considered "a slap" or a penalty.
I am not an expert on duplicate content and what Google considers one to be, but every single review of your shows up under /all-reviews/ then under /reviews/ and then under /reviews-cats/. So the same page is getting indexed 3 times with 3 different URL, but it's basically the same content. I would restrict Google from crawling specific categories just so that doesn't happen. I don't know if this potentially harms your site, but it's just an observation, that someone more experienced can comment on.
lots0 (13 February 2013)
solman (17 February 2013)