Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default AffUtd Revenue Share Problems

    It's not the first time I've complained about AffUtd on these forums after my account manager told me to breach their own terms and conditions not long ago.

    I started promoting William Hill when I first became an affiliate, not knowing about their reputation. I hope my posts here will warn any future affiliates about them.

    I drove a few customers to the site that have remained active and now earn a few Ł100 a month however as my revenue share has been cut to 5% due to not referring a customer for 3 months I earn next to nothing.

    I've been told various things from my account manager but can't get a straight answer from him about what I need to do to get my rev share back up from 5%. Today he told me that 10 FTDs in a month might help increase my % which seems excessive for a small affiliate like me. When I pointed this out to him he just said that 'some affiliates bring in 500 a month'.

    There's nothing in their t&c's about it so I was just wondering if anyone has had a clear answer from them about this or the best way for me to proceed?

  2. #2
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan90 View Post
    It's not the first time I've complained about AffUtd on these forums after my account manager told me to breach their own terms and conditions not long ago.

    I started promoting William Hill when I first became an affiliate, not knowing about their reputation. I hope my posts here will warn any future affiliates about them.

    I drove a few customers to the site that have remained active and now earn a few Ł100 a month however as my revenue share has been cut to 5% due to not referring a customer for 3 months I earn next to nothing.

    I've been told various things from my account manager but can't get a straight answer from him about what I need to do to get my rev share back up from 5%. Today he told me that 10 FTDs in a month might help increase my % which seems excessive for a small affiliate like me. When I pointed this out to him he just said that 'some affiliates bring in 500 a month'.

    There's nothing in their t&c's about it so I was just wondering if anyone has had a clear answer from them about this or the best way for me to proceed?
    Tell him that some affiliates are on 45% rev share. If he scratches your back and puts you at 45%, you'll begin working towards 500 ftd per month "like some other affiliates".

  3. #3
    Progger's Avatar
    Progger is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,420
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 923 Times in 580 Posts

    Default

    Im have fixed % since years...

  4. #4
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    Tell him that some affiliates are on 45% rev share. If he scratches your back and puts you at 45%, you'll begin working towards 500 ftd per month "like some other affiliates".
    I will try this but I don't hold out much hope. He barely understands my questions when I try and speak to him and can't ever give a straight answer. I've tried asking to speak to someone else but no luck with that either - does anyone have a decent contact at affutd that I can get sense out of?

  5. #5
    jono78 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Location
    london
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 181 Times in 115 Posts

    Default

    I'm pretty sure it's just 1 ftd. I know my commission is calculated at 5% then jumps up after 1 ftd (for the whole month) then back to 5% the next month till i get that 1 ftd.

  6. #6
    Scampi's Avatar
    Scampi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 304 Times in 180 Posts

    Default

    William Hill is a very good online casino, but I've had problems with my account manager too.

  7. #7
    dailera is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    My opinion is that affutd is one of the worst affiliate programs! My affiliate manager was very arrogant.
    Last edited by dailera; 21 March 2016 at 3:50 pm.

  8. #8
    Muppet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 661 Times in 290 Posts

    Default

    Sorry mate. At least you learned a valuable lesson.

    If you do the impossible get a better rate and start bringing 10 FTDs a month, they will cut you off again in a year and complain that its not 20. Then if you bring 20, they will want 40.

    Forget about them. They are crooks. Write if off and move on while its still "next to nothing".

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muppet For This Useful Post:

    Aidan90 (22 March 2016), Doolally (15 April 2016)

  10. #9
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,981
    Thanks
    4,539
    Thanked 9,295 Times in 5,979 Posts

    Default

    Once your percentage is cut to 5%, getting it back up can happen, but you are better off reducing their exposure if not pulling them completely now and move on.

    There are cases where an affiliate was on 36% or whatever, got a big negative, and then reduced to 5% "after the fact" having to pay back a (36%) negative at 5%.

    No way is William Hill a good casino, since with terms like that for affiliates there is no way I trust them to treat players fairly.

    Rick
    Universal4

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Aidan90 (22 March 2016), RacingJim (22 March 2016)

  12. #10
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    I'm actually despairing at their incompetence now...

    After all the discussions I've had with him, he's just sent this:

    "Can you send me your web site and user name and aff id? If you don’t have players in your account, we could just open a new one and it will be at 30%"


    How can someone be so bad at their job?!

  13. #11
    TheGameHunter's Avatar
    TheGameHunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    There's a lot of them in this industry - many would be better suited to selling fruit and veg on a market stall - actually no, that's really unfair to market stall holders.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGameHunter For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 March 2016), Aidan90 (22 March 2016)

  15. #12
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    AffUtd? Problems? Never!!

  16. #13
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan90 View Post
    I'm actually despairing at their incompetence now...

    After all the discussions I've had with him, he's just sent this:

    "Can you send me your web site and user name and aff id? If you don’t have players in your account, we could just open a new one and it will be at 30%"


    How can someone be so bad at their job?!

    Just a guess here - is the affiliate manager who told you this the same affiliate manager you had when you opened your account? (my guess is that they are different people).

  17. #14
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    Just a guess here - is the affiliate manager who told you this the same affiliate manager you had when you opened your account? (my guess is that they are different people).

    I wish they were different people, unfortunately I have had the same affiliate manager since I signed up and he still asks what my website is every time I speak to him!

  18. #15
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    I'd like to offer credit where credit is due, after a long conversation with my account manager, my rev share has now been increased to 30% for all past and existing players in exchange for an increased presence on my site.

    Despite the past problems with AffUtd, this is a step in the right direction so hopefully things will improve from here on. I will keep this thread updated with any further developments.

  19. #16
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan90 View Post
    I'd like to offer credit where credit is due, after a long conversation with my account manager, my rev share has now been increased to 30% for all past and existing players in exchange for an increased presence on my site.

    Despite the past problems with AffUtd, this is a step in the right direction so hopefully things will improve from here on. I will keep this thread updated with any further developments.
    Not sure it's a positive step. I don't work with programs that have such ideologies i.e. we'll only pay you if you give us increased presence on the site, but our conversion is crap, our rev share is shaved like mad and the money left we use to bribe affiliates who are doing well at that moment to get top spots on their site. Crooks mate. It's not a proper business relationship, it's a form of bribery.

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    Aidan90 (13 April 2016), ARZ (15 April 2016), justbookies (16 April 2016), Triple7 (15 April 2016)

  21. #17
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan90 View Post
    I'd like to offer credit where credit is due, after a long conversation with my account manager, my rev share has now been increased to 30% for all past and existing players in exchange for an increased presence on my site.

    Despite the past problems with AffUtd, this is a step in the right direction so hopefully things will improve from here on. I will keep this thread updated with any further developments.
    Watch you don't get burnt with this one!! Others have.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Doolally For This Useful Post:

    Aidan90 (15 April 2016)

  23. #18
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJim View Post
    Not sure it's a positive step. I don't work with programs that have such ideologies i.e. we'll only pay you if you give us increased presence on the site, but our conversion is crap, our rev share is shaved like mad and the money left we use to bribe affiliates who are doing well at that moment to get top spots on their site. Crooks mate. It's not a proper business relationship, it's a form of bribery.
    Completely agree with this. For this kind of dodgy traffic wasters I ask a fixed fee and good positions are not available for them. If they accept, than pay before I place them and if they not accept, than it's also ok as long as they do not bother me anymore with their mails.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    Aidan90 (15 April 2016)

  25. #19
    ARZ's Avatar
    ARZ
    ARZ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 74 Times in 62 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    Completely agree with this. For this kind of dodgy traffic wasters I ask a fixed fee and good positions are not available for them. If they accept, than pay before I place them and if they not accept, than it's also ok as long as they do not bother me anymore with their mails.
    Totally agree. It´s a big difference when affiliate is contacting them, or they are contacting an aff, coz they like his website. I was contactes by many of aff managers from WillHill too, but I already had an account there (strange, that they don´t have any kind of database with websites they are getting traffic from). I also received an email from my current manager .In the end I made new deal with fixed RevShare and other benefits and the cooperation works quite ok. But lowering RevShare to 5% is really a robery and no Aff Manager is not suppose to let it happend. They have commisions from the revenue of affs also, I think. So their primary job has to be to motivate, not to loose a partner! Every partner has his value, if not today, in future surely.
    Nejlepší Výherní hrací automaty online zdarma! - zahrajte si z pohodlí domova
    Vyhraj.cz - nejlepší portál o casino bonusech v ČR
    Vyhraj.sk - nejlepší portál o casino bonusech na Slovensku
    Check the best casino bonuses and free spins every day!
    Confira as melhores ofertas de bônus de rodadas grátis no Brasil.

  26. #20
    tehsik is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    297
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 80 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan90 View Post
    I'm actually despairing at their incompetence now...

    After all the discussions I've had with him, he's just sent this:

    "Can you send me your web site and user name and aff id? If you don’t have players in your account, we could just open a new one and it will be at 30%"


    How can someone be so bad at their job?!
    haha u made my day ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •