
Originally Posted by
Muppet
New Jersey DGE keep using the word "illegal". Seeing as we all know that the justice department specifically stated that the Wire Act does not apply to online poker or casino games, then I'd be very interested in hearing the New Jersey definition of "any illegal online gaming sites accepting wagers from players in the United States". Because not once have I ever read or heard a clear definition of an "illegal online gaming site" as it pertains to the whole of the USA.
I can only assume that it does not exist.
If they mean "non-licensed" then that is what they should say. Because quite clearly despite the FUD and misinformation campaigns of many politicians, online gambling is not illegal at all under US Federal law and it is up to individual states to determine its legality within their borders.
If they were to publicise a definitive list of US states where online gambling is illegal, that would make things far easier for everyone to comply with.