Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    hatario's Avatar
    hatario is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Question SurferSEO - Astrology for SEOs?

    A couple of months ago I saw a thread on another forum about SurferSEO and other similar tools and the top comment was that this is basically astrology for SEOs

    I still use it at times (NeuronWriter, not Surfer), mostly just for research or as a guide to make sure I cover every topic that the competitors cover.

    Do any of you still use SurferSEO or any other similar tools?

  2. #2
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    Used them in the early days, and the theory (at the time) looked promising. I don't believe the theory played out, or certainly it didn't for me. Well, not at any suitable level, anyway, though maybe that's more a reflection of the competitive nature of what we typically need to cover.

    I'd say they're pretty pointless now (for anything gambling-related, at least). Arguably, as you say, you can get some topical coverage that you might miss without help. The evidence I see suggests that will not help unless the target is one that's got little competition and, even then, it's questionable.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    hatario (24 February 2025)

  4. #3
    peakycasino's Avatar
    peakycasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2025
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The main problem with SurferSEO is the high price. If you are on a tight budget, Neuron is much better. One is rated 10, the other 9.
    But note that this tool only helps you optimize a single article, without a good web structure it is meaningless.

  5. #4
    Martin-nl2 is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    January 2025
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I agree, competition really affects how well strategies work, especially when there are more and more players.

  6. #5
    slotyi's Avatar
    slotyi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2024
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Thank you for this very useful information

  7. #6
    topcaz's Avatar
    topcaz is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2025
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Could you please tell more about web structure that you talked about?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •