-
21 November 2011, 6:04 pm
#1
WordPress Plug-In is needed
Dear All
I need an advetisement plugin that can display advertisement banner(s) differently on each related casino reviews post as awidget on the sidebar. Preferrably a banner rotator for displaying more than 1 banner of the related casinor review. Am i clear enough ? Thanks a lot for your kind help.
Site is: http://CasinoRecommender.com
-
-
21 November 2011, 6:30 pm
#2
-
-
21 November 2011, 6:39 pm
#3
Thanks a lot i will deal with that
-
-
21 November 2011, 6:45 pm
#4
I analysed it but this is not the exact plugin that i need. Random ads are ok. No problem . But what i need is to show different ads exlusive for related posts and pages. Ex:// 888 Casino banner(s) on 888 Casino Review post... etc... Am i clear ? Thanks a lot
-
-
21 November 2011, 7:10 pm
#5
I sure do
i do exactly what you are asking with that plug in
-
-
22 November 2011, 12:24 am
#6
I will try that in that case. Thanks a lot
-
-
24 November 2011, 4:55 am
#7
you can use 2 plugins for this purpose
1. widget logic - you can use conditional tags in order to define where to show widget
2. ad rotator - simple text files are shown randomly. text files can contains html.
-
-
24 November 2011, 6:54 am
#8
Thanks a lot Eugene. I think widget logic is what i look for. Lets try and see. Take care
-
-
24 November 2011, 7:01 am
#9
Hi Eugene again. I have tried it but unfortunately this not what i need. What i need is to display a specific ad banner on a specific page or post's side bar as a widget. If it could be a rotation i will be more than happy. I mean i would like to display a 888 Casino banner just on 888 Casino review. Thanks a lot
-
-
24 November 2011, 8:08 am
#10
I'm pretty sure you can do that with widget logic. In the widget logic widget just insert something like:
is_page( '888-casino-review' )
or if it's a post:
is_single( '888-casino-review' )
In the contents for the widget logic widget you put your specific banner.
You can use either the post slug, the title or the ID in replace of 888-casino-review.
-
-
24 November 2011, 10:24 am
#11
You ar great Peter. I will try but please accept my apologies for bing dumb. I can not adopt it in my mind right now. As far as i derstand on each post or page i will place a meta like you stated above. Am i right ? And then if a related post or page is loaded , the related banner will be shown ? The question in my mind is how is the 1 common widget for all of the ads inside it will seperate the related banner ? But i will do my best. And if i will be in trouble, will again have to consult to you.. Thanks a lot
-
-
24 November 2011, 10:33 am
#12
casinorecommender,
- you need to go to widgets,
- add text widget to the sidebar you need to broadcast,
- add code for banner in the widget,
- add conditional tag e.g. is_single('17') or is_single('Page Name') - it means that your banner will appear on post with Page Name.
list of conditional tags
http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags
full list that plugin uses
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...c/other_notes/
If you need rotation you can use this one
http://tech.gaeatimes.com/index.php/...e-dynamically/
don't update it otherwise it will be replaced with another one.
-
-
24 November 2011, 11:18 am
#13
I will try Eugene thanks a lot ... Take care. I will le you know
-
-
24 November 2011, 3:14 pm
#14
it works. you are really great. Just one thing i need to do. How can make an ad only shown on the main page of the side ? I mean what shall i insert ? I will do this for publishing all of the banners on the main page ? But the corresponding ones on each review. By the way, i am using "Ad Codes" widget. The question is that inserting many banner codes into it will effect speed of loading of the main page and sub pages ? There are currently 10 banners rotating on http://casinorecommender.com but it will reach to hundreds for the main page. But for the sub pages i will use your perfect widget "widget logic" thanks for your kind help. Tale care
-
-
24 November 2011, 3:28 pm
#15
One last question is that, if i want to show the same banner widget on 2-3 or more pages or posts what would be the needed code that should be inserted ? Am i clear enough ? Thanks a lot
-
-
24 November 2011, 3:36 pm
#16
google "widget logic shortcodes"
-
-
24 November 2011, 3:54 pm
#17
Thanks a lot. I found all of them
-
-
25 November 2011, 1:33 am
#18
display-widget plugin
A bit late with my two cents but I use Display-Widget WP Plug-in to assign widgets to dif posts. Then a Max Banner Add Pro or the one you are using now. The Display widgets is great. Check out livecasinodirectory.co.uk. All the sidebar info is assigned by it.
-
-
25 November 2011, 4:25 am
#19
Thanks a lot live
I will check it out immediately and let you now
Take care
-
-
25 November 2011, 4:36 am
#20
Hi Live again. I have just tried it. Looks very good thank you but we have an important problem which is, it does not work for posts ;( am i right ? Our reviews are all in post format... !?!
-
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules