Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Jamie - RateMyCasino's Avatar
    Jamie - RateMyCasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    705
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 88 Times in 73 Posts

    Default Looking For Fellow Webmasters For (AWA) Affiliates Webmasters Association

    I am designing a new site which is going to offer mediation service for Affiliates, Players and Affiliate Managers with issues that may arise. It is in very early stages at the moment, but i would be interested in speaking with other affiliates who would be interested in becoming part of the foundation.

    The services we are hoping to offer will be mediation in the following areas

    We will also attempt to mediate with programs who aren't registered with us, but the outcome cannot be guaranteed with programs that aren't registered with us.

    Players Area

    1) Players that have been treated unfairly by an online casino.
    2) Players have not been paid their winnings.
    3) Players have received bad service.

    Affiliates & Webmasters

    1) Affiliate Payment Problems
    2) Affiliate Commission Rate Issues
    3) Affiliate & Affiliate Manager Mediation Service "For when affiliates cant talk to their affiliate manager"
    4) Terms and Condition changes

    Affiliate Programs & There Brands

    We will be offering a seal which programs will be given to display on their websites. All Programs that are registered with the (AWA) "Affiliate's Webmasters Association" will have strict guidelines that they must abide by.

    The benefits of having the seal will show to Affiliates and Players that they will be able to trust who ever displays this seal. They will also have the backing should anything go wrong with any program that is registered with the (AWA).

    These will only be some of the benefits of being a (AWA-Member) or Registered Program. While I know this has been tried before many times, I want to try and establish something that will stick around and be of use to Players, Affiliates and Affiliate Managers.

    For those that are going to shoot me for trying to start something like this, use that energy and start helping to build a safer online gambling community. The reason we need highly upstanding affiliates or affiliate managers is, any issue brought to AWA both parties will agree to the outcome decided by the Mediators.

    I would like to form a board of Mediators that have been in this industry for a long time and have been highly respected in this industry. I will not be making these outcome decisions on my own, It will be a panel that decides on each problem brought to AWA. Its time we had a service that gets results, not just opinions!

    Anyone interested in helping form this project please Private Message me. This will of course be voluntary at this stage, but later down the track we will be in a position to offer paid positions to those foundation staff.
    Last edited by Jamie - RateMyCasino; 6 August 2011 at 8:34 am.
    Jamie,

    Teams:
    partners@ratemycasino.org

    RateMyCasino
    –Discover and rate online casinos and affiliate programs.
    NDB Casinos
    – Independent online casino reviews, bonus analysis & player safety focus.

  2. #2
    grem's Avatar
    grem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    CBN
    Posts
    1,450
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 389 Times in 204 Posts

  3. #3
    Jamie - RateMyCasino's Avatar
    Jamie - RateMyCasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    705
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 88 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grem View Post
    It sounds like a good idea but is this another forum?
    Hi Grem

    No this will not be another forum. While we have a forum attached to it, the forum will only be used to display complaints or issues currently being dealt with by the AWA. It will also be used to display and archive the outcome of any issue also. Just so people can look back and see what problems in the past have occurred and sorted out.

    It's still a long way off from launching, but we are hoping within a month we should be up and running.
    Jamie,

    Teams:
    partners@ratemycasino.org

    RateMyCasino
    –Discover and rate online casinos and affiliate programs.
    NDB Casinos
    – Independent online casino reviews, bonus analysis & player safety focus.

  4. #4
    grem's Avatar
    grem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    CBN
    Posts
    1,450
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 389 Times in 204 Posts

    Default

    It sounds like a good idea for affiliates but as long as the forum isn't just another forum as there are many now

  5. #5
    greedygirl's Avatar
    greedygirl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2002
    Location
    skid row
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 104 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Jamie--

    I mean absolutely no disrespect by this...

    I'm just wondering what exactly it is that you can offer that is not already being done by GPWA, AGD, APCW, GIA, CAP, Casinomeister and others? Is there something special that you believe you will be able to bring to the table that other, long-established groups/entities are unable to?

    I think we've all witnessed dozens and dozens of individuals and groups attempt something like this, only to fail miserably...and quickly.

    What are you going to be able to do that will counter this sort of fate?

    Again--not being disrespectful. Just interested.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to greedygirl For This Useful Post:

    grem (7 August 2011)

  7. #6
    GCG
    GCG is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    306
    Thanked 777 Times in 430 Posts

    Default

    I wanted to start a forum on www.casinoaffiliatebusiness.com site but like greedygirl said you need the money/resources for that you probable do not have.

  8. #7
    Jamie - RateMyCasino's Avatar
    Jamie - RateMyCasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    705
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 88 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greedygirl View Post
    Jamie--

    I mean absolutely no disrespect by this...
    No Probs

    Quote Originally Posted by greedygirl View Post
    I'm just wondering what exactly it is that you can offer that is not already being done by GPWA, AGD, APCW, GIA, CAP, Casinomeister and others?
    Probably very similar to what is currently out there. Except we will be here for mediation results, while those avenues above offer fantastic services one thing I hate about this industry is when it boils down to it the $$$ always speaks. While I am pretty new in the industry compared to some I want to develop a system and structure that Affiliate Programs will agree to and in the event issues arise these registered programs with the AWA will agree to the outcome decided by the panel. This is one reason i would like long standing webmasters in this industry part of the panel so a very fair decision can be awarded when the time comes.

    From what i have seen around other sites, when issues arise they are discussed and voted on, if the end result is in favor of affiliates then a program is either suspended or stripped of their sponsorship, but no real action is really taken. Apart from spreading the word a program has gone sour. We need something that programs will register with, sign and be committed to a contract and be legally bound by actions they take. Eventually creating a system that will work for both the Affiliates and the Affiliate programs.

    Its probably another crazy idea i am thinking up, but who knows. If it works great, if it doesn't then i will keep trying until it does.
    Jamie,

    Teams:
    partners@ratemycasino.org

    RateMyCasino
    –Discover and rate online casinos and affiliate programs.
    NDB Casinos
    – Independent online casino reviews, bonus analysis & player safety focus.

  9. #8
    greedygirl's Avatar
    greedygirl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2002
    Location
    skid row
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 104 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    While I am pretty new in the industry compared to some I want to develop a system and structure that Affiliate Programs will agree to and in the event issues arise these registered programs with the AWA will agree to the outcome decided by the panel.
    We need something that programs will register with, sign and be committed to a contract and be legally bound by actions they take.
    While I agree that this would be wonderful in theory, the reality is that you may be able to get a few brands/programs involved, but those will be the ones that already work on the straight and narrow. I can't imagine any program committing to allowing an outsider to determine the fate of their issues.

    Do you honestly believe a rogue program or brand would sign up and be bound by a third party, such as yours?

    If by some means you're able to get into something like this, how will you be deciding on your t & c's, by-laws, etc.? Toying with an idea as opposed to putting together a solid plan are very different and you'll really need to think this through carefully.

    Truly, I'm not trying to be negative nor a wet blanket. I just want you to be realistic before you spend considerable time trying to get something like this to fly. I'd hate to see you or anyone put a ton of energy into something without having their eyes wide open. Please just give this plenty of thought.

    I do wish you very well with this, though and I'll be interested to see how you fare.

  10. #9
    Jamie - RateMyCasino's Avatar
    Jamie - RateMyCasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    705
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 88 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    After talking with a few people and Greedy's post above, I am probably never going to be able to design something this big. Dreams are Free i guess My intentions are good though.

    You can delete this thread.

  11. #10
    greedygirl's Avatar
    greedygirl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2002
    Location
    skid row
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 104 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Jamie--dreams are a very good thing and you should do whatever possible to pursue them.

    I posted not to discourage you, but to give you a bit of insight of what you'll need to think about to move this dream forward (should you decide to).

    I wouldn't delete this thread, as I believe that you may find plenty of support to help you with this--you just never know. Further, I'm sure that there can be some interesting discussion on your idea which may be useful either for what you are/were trying to put together or for existing and/or future organizations.

    Hang in there, Jamie--don't lose your idealism. It's a really good thing.

  12. #11
    Jamie - RateMyCasino's Avatar
    Jamie - RateMyCasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    705
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 88 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greedygirl View Post
    Jamie--dreams are a very good thing and you should do whatever possible to pursue them.

    I posted not to discourage you, but to give you a bit of insight of what you'll need to think about to move this dream forward (should you decide to).

    I wouldn't delete this thread, as I believe that you may find plenty of support to help you with this--you just never know. Further, I'm sure that there can be some interesting discussion on your idea which may be useful either for what you are/were trying to put together or for existing and/or future organizations.

    Hang in there, Jamie--don't lose your idealism. It's a really good thing.
    Thank you
    Jamie,

    Teams:
    partners@ratemycasino.org

    RateMyCasino
    –Discover and rate online casinos and affiliate programs.
    NDB Casinos
    – Independent online casino reviews, bonus analysis & player safety focus.

  13. #12
    grem's Avatar
    grem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    CBN
    Posts
    1,450
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 389 Times in 204 Posts

  14. #13
    giggles7p's Avatar
    giggles7p is offline In Memoriam, 1962-2011
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Location
    Northeast usa.
    Posts
    1,600
    Thanks
    2,443
    Thanked 792 Times in 461 Posts

    Default

    Jamie, I think everything Greedygirl said is on target and could be very helpful for you. But what i want you to consider is building this site, take your time and be ready to take action when the US opens it's doors to legal online gaming. There will be plenty of brand new casinos that you could approach to register at your new organization. When a new casino or other gaming site first opens, it opens hopefully with good intentions, but some go sour when they don't get the cash flow they hoped for, so by grabbing these new sites when they start up you could have a very successful site.

    Just my opinion hun, but being prepared for a new industry in the US maybe beneficial for all of us.
    Cheers
    Pat
    Gambling forum offering the best in online gambling
    777casinoforum.com

    Online Casino portal featuring International Casinos
    qwertycasino.com

    The relaxed affiliate forum, filled with pleasant, thoughtful banter.
    Grab a cold one or a cup of coffee and relax with gambling industry professionals!

    GamblingAffiliatePlace

    Gambling & Casino News
    CasinoScamReport

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to giggles7p For This Useful Post:

    Jamie - RateMyCasino (7 August 2011)

  16. #14
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    2,681
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Pat what are you sucking on besides oxygen ?lol You can't sit and wait for the US to open ,Jamie I would stick to developing your existing site I am sure you have not covered all niches yet .Get some branding going , develope a mailing list consider PPC .Stick with the project you have which IMO you are doing great with instead of making mistake most of us do and try to juggle too many things at once.IMO you have a great brand and if you are ever in the selling mood please contact us

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to casinobonusguy For This Useful Post:

    Jamie - RateMyCasino (7 August 2011)

  18. #15
    Jamie - RateMyCasino's Avatar
    Jamie - RateMyCasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    705
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 88 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinobonusguy View Post
    Pat what are you sucking on besides oxygen ?lol You can't sit and wait for the US to open ,Jamie I would stick to developing your existing site I am sure you have not covered all niches yet .Get some branding going , develope a mailing list consider PPC .Stick with the project you have which IMO you are doing great with instead of making mistake most of us do and try to juggle too many things at once.IMO you have a great brand and if you are ever in the selling mood please contact us
    Thank you I think you are right. focus on what i have going at this stage. I just wanted to help affiliates that's all.
    Jamie,

    Teams:
    partners@ratemycasino.org

    RateMyCasino
    –Discover and rate online casinos and affiliate programs.
    NDB Casinos
    – Independent online casino reviews, bonus analysis & player safety focus.

  19. #16
    giggles7p's Avatar
    giggles7p is offline In Memoriam, 1962-2011
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Location
    Northeast usa.
    Posts
    1,600
    Thanks
    2,443
    Thanked 792 Times in 461 Posts

    Default

    Judy, I think my husband has been slipping some hashish oil in my oxygen line! Lmaooooo
    Would explain why i always have the damn munchies!
    Gambling forum offering the best in online gambling
    777casinoforum.com

    Online Casino portal featuring International Casinos
    qwertycasino.com

    The relaxed affiliate forum, filled with pleasant, thoughtful banter.
    Grab a cold one or a cup of coffee and relax with gambling industry professionals!

    GamblingAffiliatePlace

    Gambling & Casino News
    CasinoScamReport

  20. #17
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Uh oh....he musta been visiting the bubbleman......lol

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    giggles7p (8 August 2011)

  22. #18
    michael1981 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 60 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grem View Post
    I like the logo
    I like the logo too It looks really professional. I have no idea how to design logos, finding cute favicons has always been my talent haha

    I think its nice that you want to help affiliates Jamie, we need all the help we can get these days :P

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to michael1981 For This Useful Post:

    Jamie - RateMyCasino (8 August 2011)

  24. #19
    Jamie - RateMyCasino's Avatar
    Jamie - RateMyCasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    705
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 88 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michael1981 View Post
    I like the logo too It looks really professional. I have no idea how to design logos, finding cute favicons has always been my talent haha

    I think its nice that you want to help affiliates Jamie, we need all the help we can get these days :P
    Thanks, i like the logo too. They are pretty easy with photoshop.

    For other peoples comments thanks for the support, i think what i might do is build the website and slowly work out the fine details as Greedy suggested and just take my time with this. I really want to give something to the community and guess if things are taken very slowly then there could be that chance this project could work.
    Jamie,

    Teams:
    partners@ratemycasino.org

    RateMyCasino
    –Discover and rate online casinos and affiliate programs.
    NDB Casinos
    – Independent online casino reviews, bonus analysis & player safety focus.

  25. #20
    grem's Avatar
    grem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    CBN
    Posts
    1,450
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 389 Times in 204 Posts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •