Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default How To Give Facebook Notice Not To Disclose Your Information

    This is a post i found from a facebook friend that i think is useful for everybody with a fb acct. I copied and pasted below.

    As of October 18, 2013 at 9:29 pm, I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE. You MUST copy and Paste




    I have just been informed that this is not valid.

    The link that someone sent was http://www.snopes.com/computer/facebook/privacy.asp

    I checked the link, it may be active malware. not sure who to believe

    http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/website...ain/snopes.com
    Last edited by edgarf76; 18 October 2013 at 9:02 pm. Reason: clarity
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    When you sign up for a facebook account, or when they make changes to the facebook privacy agreement and you CONTINUE to use it, you are agreeing to their privacy policy which gives them the right to do anything they want with your data, pictures, posts, likes or anything under their control.
    Facebook users cannot retroactively negate any of the privacy or copyright terms they agreed to when they signed up for their accounts, nor can they unilaterally alter or contradict any new privacy or copyright terms instituted by Facebook, simply by posting a contrary legal notice on their Facebook walls.
    The only way they don't have permission to use your data is to not to give it to them.

    Rick
    Universal4

    The quote aboove if from the snopes page edgar linked to.

  3. #3
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Whenever I see people post stuff like that on facebook, or any of those ones where facebook is going to start charging unless you repost etc, it makes me want to unfriend the person. I can't believe that in this day and age, people are still so stupid.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (21 October 2013), Anthony-Coral (21 October 2013), TipsterWarehouse (23 October 2013)

  5. #4
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    The only way they don't have permission to use your data is to not to give it to them.
    That's exactly right !!

  6. #5
    F-L-C is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,049
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 335 Times in 256 Posts

    Default

    Exactly, its spam, people complain too much about FB owning their stuff when noone forces you to use it or upload photos

  7. #6
    Anthony-Coral is offline Former Employee of Coral
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Location
    Gibraltar
    Posts
    1,217
    Thanks
    904
    Thanked 717 Times in 443 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I can't believe that in this day and age, people are still so stupid.
    hahaha, I thought I was the only one who thought like that, Ren

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony-Coral For This Useful Post:

    Renee (21 October 2013)

  9. #7
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    My sister sent me a message through whatsapp saying that by forwarding the message they will not charge her.
    I wrote back and said "how do you suppose they will track millions of people sending on the message?"

    My sister is not a computer whiz by any means, but surely ones common sense should come into it. Just like when the email went around saying "if you forward this message Bill gates will pay you 5c for every person who then forwards it again".

    Really. How will he do that?

    When I see something like this these days, the first thing I do is look it up on snopes, find it's not true then copy the link to their post.

    There is one going around at the moment that is years old about 2 boys who killed some dogs or something and that there is a reward for finding them.

    It's YEARS old.

    This is why the Nigerians still send around their emails saying they will transfer 18 million bucks if you send them your bank details.
    I still can't believe there are people out there who fall for that one too.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  10. #8
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Damn 18 million? They never offer me more then 12 so I am holding out to at least break the 15 mark.

    Rick
    Universal4

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Renee (22 October 2013)

  12. #9
    AE-Stephen's Avatar
    AE-Stephen is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Posts
    424
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 266 Times in 174 Posts

    Default

    Please put this on your status if you know someone or are related to someone who has been eaten by dragons. Dragons are nearly unstoppable, and in case you didn't know, they can breathe fire. 93% of people won't copy and paste this, because they have already been eaten by dragons. 6% of people are sitting in the shower, armed with fire extinguishers. The remaining 1% are awesome, and will re-post this. I dare you.

  13. #10
    slotplayer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 322 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    This is why the Nigerians still send around their emails saying they will transfer 18 million bucks if you send them your bank details.
    I still can't believe there are people out there who fall for that one too.
    I get almost those daily.
    heres one I saw in the spam box just now.

    My Dearest,

    Greetings to you my Dear Beloved, I am Mrs Christy Walton, a
    great citizen of United State. I bring to you a proposal worth $
    9,000,000,000.00 which i intend to use for CHARITY. I am happy to know
    you, but God knows you better and he knows why he has directed me to you
    at this point in time so do not be afraid. i saw your e-mail contact at
    ministries of commerce and foreign trade departments. i am writing this
    mail to you with heavy sorrow in my heart, It is painful now to let you
    know that I have been suffering from a Heart disease for the past 22 years
    and just few weeks ago my Doctor told me that I won't survive the illness.
    my name is Mrs. Christy Walton a great citizen of United States of America,
    and am contacting you because i don’t have any other option than to tell
    you as i was touched to open up to you about my project. Please reply me
    back if you are interested, so i can provide you with further details.

    God Bless You.

    I'm going to share it all with you folks.

  14. #11
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slotplayer View Post
    I get almost those daily.
    heres one I saw in the spam box just now.


    My Dearest,

    Greetings to you my Dear Beloved, I am Mrs Christy Walton, a
    great citizen of United State. I bring to you a proposal worth $
    9,000,000,000.00 which i intend to use for CHARITY. I am happy to know
    you, but God knows you better and he knows why he has directed me to you
    at this point in time so do not be afraid. i saw your e-mail contact at
    ministries of commerce and foreign trade departments. i am writing this
    mail to you with heavy sorrow in my heart, It is painful now to let you
    know that I have been suffering from a Heart disease for the past 22 years
    and just few weeks ago my Doctor told me that I won't survive the illness.
    my name is Mrs. Christy Walton a great citizen of United States of America,
    and am contacting you because i don’t have any other option than to tell
    you as i was touched to open up to you about my project. Please reply me
    back if you are interested, so i can provide you with further details.

    God Bless You.
    I'm going to share it all with you folks.
    That woman has more money than the USA. Just sayin.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  15. #12
    LukeC is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    October 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 122 Times in 49 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    This is why the Nigerians still send around their emails saying they will transfer 18 million bucks if you send them your bank details.
    I still can't believe there are people out there who fall for that one too.
    At least the Nigerian emails lead to things like http://www.419eater.com where the scammers get taken for a ride...
    Head of Affiliates at Digital Fuel

  16. #13
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    OMG

    Best. Site. Ever.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •