Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default About to start a new project - should I combine the sites or keep them separate?

    After procrastinating for a very long time, I'm now giving myself a kick in the butt to actually finish the two poker sites I wanted to do a year ago. Poker is actually my main interest, but somehow along the way I kind of got distracted...

    Basically the original plan was to do two separate, but highly related sites - one for 'online poker' and one for 'live poker'. The two would be clearly interlinked, but be more specific to their relevant niche (eg: live poker strategy vs online poker strategy). Now I'm not sure if I should just combine the two into one larger 'general poker' site with different subsections. If done separately, both sites would still be quite large.

    I can see benefits to both ways, so now I'm not sure. Thoughts?
    Last edited by baldidiot; 24 November 2011 at 10:20 am.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  2. #2
    theGman is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 285 Times in 174 Posts

    Default Multiple Sites

    Guess it depends on the time you have and the resources you can allocate - we run quite a large network of sites that we are now pruning back on in favour of concentrating everything on bigger sites . Quality over quantity - im not saying both your sites wont be quality . Not helping am i

    I would go for the single site - but thats just me

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to theGman For This Useful Post:

    baldidiot (24 November 2011)

  4. #3
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Let me ask you - what would be the purpose of the live site? How would you generate income from it?
    I suspect your located in the UK? I ask all this cause "live poker" is a difficult money maker (ask me privately).

    I would combine the sites to be honest - if it were me - and create a subsection for the live section.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to GFPC For This Useful Post:

    baldidiot (24 November 2011)

  6. #4
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    That's a very good point Steve, although I actually do have a plan for generating revenue from the live site. I'm hoping it should work quite work well and I've not seen it before, which might help make the site unique.

    I'm definitely leaning towards one larger site though, the more I think about it the more sense it makes.

    Thanks guys!
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  7. #5
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    awesome.... glgl!!!

    throw the idea my way (pm) i am curious - I mean maybe it has been done before.. i know i have done some similar stuff in the past.
    you never know if its been done before.. haha - may get some good pointers

  8. #6
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GFPC View Post
    awesome.... glgl!!!

    throw the idea my way (pm) i am curious - I mean maybe it has been done before.. i know i have done some similar stuff in the past.
    you never know if its been done before.. haha - may get some good pointers
    On its way!
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •