Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    BrilliantCasinos is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    April 2024
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default How to recover from the Google's Core update?

    Hello! Those affected by the Google's Spam update from 5th of March, how did you manage / or did not manage to recover traffic?

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,981
    Thanks
    4,539
    Thanked 9,295 Times in 5,979 Posts

    Default

    The main thread discussing this recent google update is here.
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/massive-g...ng-266754.html

    For fighting this, seems the main consensus is to not take any drastic actions and hope the 2nd part of the update which is likely ongoing for a bit will help remove more a the parasite seo sites.

    This recent thread also leads some of us to speculate the changes mentioned could be due (at least in part) to the update.
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/some-ai-s...es-267045.html

    Obviously these are all good discussions and feedback and thoughts in these threads are encouraged. Each of the topics could impact many members.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. #3
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,407
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 920 Times in 579 Posts

    Default

    Have a read of the threads Rick sent above. The key take home is don't make any changes yet, it isn't done. The next part of the update for parasite seo is very soon so see how that plays out first, then assess the damage and make a plan based on what google likes or doesn't like about your sites.

  4. #4
    abuislam is offline Banned
    Join Date
    March 2024
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    To recover from Google's Core Update, focus on improving content quality, enhancing user experience, building quality backlinks, and diversifying traffic sources. Monitor performance and adapt your strategy accordingly. Patience and persistence are key.

  5. #5
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,244
    Thanks
    362
    Thanked 484 Times in 398 Posts

    Default

    I have come to the conclusion that the best thing, for now, is to brace myself and invest my time and energy in other activities where what I do has a greater impact/retribution.

    I am kinda anxious and took a medium hit with this core update. I think that blindly experimenting while I feel like this could do more harm than good, so I'll focus on other tasks in the meantime.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  6. #6
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,981
    Thanks
    4,539
    Thanked 9,295 Times in 5,979 Posts

    Default

    Interesting article that suggests what one must do if affected by the recent updates (yes there were 2 so far and another coming).
    https://searchengineland.com/google-...t-to-do-439940

    Rick
    Universal4

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    bpmee (26 April 2024), Cash Bonus (27 April 2024), CasinosBroker (27 April 2024)

  8. #7
    Rudie_V8 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2024
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    As far as I can tell nobody really knows how to recover at this stage. Google's secretive ways are simply leading to more people spamming the internet with AI garbage content in hopes that one or two pages of the hundreds they create will actually rank. It's a sad state of affairs for Google and for SEOs.

  9. #8
    Krums's Avatar
    Krums is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2023
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    No one recovered from Google Helpful Content updates really. The only people who temporary recovered from September update did migrate their sites but they were hit again in March.

  10. #9
    GambleOntario is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2024
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I read some very interesting tips in this forum.

    I believe it's wise to wait until the core update (or any update) is completed before taking any action.

    Keep an eye on how competitors are faring post-update and assess the impact on their performance.

    Understanding the objectives of the update is crucial, and let's not overlook the significance of providing high-quality content that meets user needs, as it will ultimately be rewarded.

  11. #10
    ferkopuskas6544 is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    May 2024
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Hey!
    I was hit by the March 5th update as well, and it was rough. Here's what I did to start recovering traffic:

    1. Content Audit: I went through my site and removed or updated any low-quality or thin content. Google seemed to target pages with little value, so bulking up those pages with useful information helped.
    2. Improved E-A-T: I worked on enhancing my site's expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. Adding author bios, citing credible sources, and securing more backlinks from reputable sites made a difference.
    3. User Experience: I focused on improving the overall user experience by increasing site speed, making navigation easier, and ensuring my site was mobile-friendly.
    4. Engagement Metrics: I paid attention to engagement metrics like bounce rate and time on page, making sure content was engaging and relevant to visitors.
    5. [Regular Updates: Keeping content fresh and up-to-date also seemed to help. Regularly updating old posts and adding new, high-quality content kept my site active and relevant.

    It took some time, but I started seeing improvements after a few weeks. Hope this helps, and good luck with your recovery!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ferkopuskas6544 For This Useful Post:

    danielmonteiro (21 May 2024)

  13. #11
    NoemiBrousse is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    October 2023
    Location
    France
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I focused on enhancing Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness (E-A-T) of my content. This included citing credible sources, showcasing author credentials, and ensuring transparency. I made sure my site was user-friendly, fast, and mobile-optimized. This involved improving page load times, fixing broken links, and ensuring a responsive design. I worked on increasing user engagement by adding interactive elements, improving internal linking, and encouraging longer visit durations.

  14. #12
    Moiz is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2023
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I audited my content and made changes as per my intuition of what would give a better user experience. That was what moved the needle as other parameters such as site speed were fine. Took weeks to see some change, now on the positive trajectory.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •