Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    GreyBeard's Avatar
    GreyBeard is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2021
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Question Namecheap or Hostgator or something else?

    Looking for a VPS for (multiple) site(s) aimed at the North American market. At the moment, I'm torn between Namecheap and Hostgator - both of them have US datacenters.
    Anyone has experience to share about them?
    Which one - or if none, what host - would you recommend?
    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,450
    Thanks
    9,149
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Go with Namecheap. I've been using them for years and I can't speak highly enough of their professional customer service. They also provide live chat support.
    Last edited by Cash Bonus; 22 June 2022 at 3:40 pm.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cash Bonus For This Useful Post:

    GreyBeard (23 June 2022)

  4. #3
    GreyBeard's Avatar
    GreyBeard is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2021
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    I've been using them for shared hosting and emails as well... but I have no experience in the VPS area
    I'll give them a chance, I think

  5. #4
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    I have a VPS with KnowHost. Excellent service and fast customer response too.

  6. #5
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Digital Ocean would be my go to here.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  7. #6
    casinoportal's Avatar
    casinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 159 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    I have been using Digital Ocean for a couple of years, cheap and easy to configure.
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up"

  8. #7
    bettingmalta's Avatar
    bettingmalta is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2015
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    I would vote for DigitalOcean as well

  9. #8
    Spyrith is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2021
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    If I remember correctly, HostGator is owned by a huge megacorp that owns a bazzilion other hosting/domain name providers and generally makes money by buying out hosting providers, gutting out the stuff that made the host good in the first place, and then coasting on reputation.

    Namecheap is independent, and have generally good prices and OK customer support so I'd go with them.

  10. #9
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,892
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 1,240 Times in 767 Posts

    Default

    Both, HG and NC, do not allow gambling related content on shared packages or VPS. Domain ofc, hosting no.
    https://www.namecheap.com/support/kn...ambling-sites/
    https://www.hostgator.com/help/artic...ptable-content

    I would recommend Cloudways, Kinsta or WPX.
    Actually the location of the DC doesn't matter, as u should use Cloudflare and/or other CDN anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •