Can Sea Lions show empathy toward humans?
Before you answer, watch this video
I personally think it is clear the sea lion stopped and was worried about the little girl when she fell.
Rick
Universal4
Can Sea Lions show empathy toward humans?
Before you answer, watch this video
I personally think it is clear the sea lion stopped and was worried about the little girl when she fell.
Rick
Universal4
Have you ever looked into a dog's eyes and seen emotions? Or fear? Happiness? Animals are really not that different from us. I think naturally any living creature has capacity for empathy, but at different levels of consciousness.
See this (sorry its not in english. Basically a child fell into the enclosure and was taken care of).
Animals definitely have emotion. But I dont think on our level. It doesnt mean we're superior beings. After all we're the ones who complicate our own lifes chasing after money. They live free. Unless they're captured and put into a cage.
100% sure .. that he/she was worried about the Kid animals feel everything we do.
Yes, definite concern shown for her here. I have had the privilege of being close to and working with many animals over the years (wild) and they are as interested in us as we are in them. On Monday I witnessed concern and protective behavior shown by a zebra for a human with Nguni cattle. The Nguni came too close to the venue (almost wandered inside) and the human expressed concern, the zebra (partially tame) reacted to the exclamation of concern and moved in and herded the cattle away from the hall. Quite touching and beautiful to see. Thanks for posting this video Rick, it made me smile and warmed my soul.
Over centuries mankind said, that animals are unable to feel empathy and that forward-looking planning is impossible for them.
Today we know, that e.g. crows are perfectly in forward-looking planning and that a lot of animals show more empathy than a big part of mankind.
Leopold