Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Would you say something?

    I was offered a proposal from another site, to be honest they wanted a three way. I do find it odd when they do not explain why they don't want me linking to the site that they will give me one back from.

    I understand soem believe it to be that google prefers ne way links over backlinks anyday however it still makes me curious.

    So I went to this site, and the home page had alot of links on it. Not just a few but a ton. Running a link check for outgoing vs incoming came up with 150+ outgoing and -25 incoming. So I took a look at the links that they were linking to and from...everything from poker and gambling to restaurants and lending services. In essence a link farm.

    Of course I responded with a polite no however I seen some on that list that are people I feel I should notify of this ie those who I semi associate with in this buisness. I know linking with those who could be considered as bad neighbours can really have an effect with your ranking and site.

    Should I be telling tehse people about this site? It seems as though they originally did take an effort into building links as they should but than just went any way they pleased.

    I know that really it is up to the webmasters responsabities to keep on top of their links and who they link to but at the same token you don't want to see someone who works just as hard as you or maybe even more see something that could possibly hinder them.....even if they are your competition!

  2. #2
    Fergie's Avatar
    Fergie is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    500
    Thanks
    233
    Thanked 165 Times in 96 Posts

    Default

    I would definitely say something.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    I agree speak up...

    If I was on that page I'd want someone to tell me & visa versa...


    Cheers



    Dave

  4. #4
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    As you found through investigation of this offer - most three way linking offers seem to involve parking your link on a no-traffic page ...

    The arguement that it gets greater recognition in google than reciprocal links is possibly true - although surely google are also aware of the three-way link scheme now - it's pretty old hat.

    Personally I'd rather have a reciprocal link from a higher traffic site that I personally like ... than a bogus link from a dead-end link-farm page.

    In regards to what you should do ... I wouldn't make contact to say anything specifically - but if I was discussing something else with them and linking came up then I'd mention it.

    This is not for any competitive reason - but just because I expect them to have a handle on their own linking strategies as you've suggested.

  5. #5
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Yes, I think you should warn people you know if you have taken the pain to analyse the link structure of the site.

    As for the 3-way link, I only go for it if both other sites have good ranking.

    Nandakishore
    Online Casino Newsroom

  6. #6
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    I've noticed a few of the folks who send incessant emails about their link exchanges have started up again. Many of them offer me 3 way link exchanges. I link to their main website, they provide me a link from a domain with no content and lots of outgoing links. It's pretty rare I ever got a useful link exchange by email, so I've simply taken to ignoring all of them.

    I am now going to concentrate on deep links on content pages as opposed to the usual link exchanges. Google has gotten smarter and I dont know how much value the traditional link exchanges - even 3 way - have anymore.
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  7. #7
    villa10 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Yes.
    In a 3 way link exchange a second class website is always involved..
    A complete waste of time.

  8. #8
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by villa10 View Post
    Yes.
    In a 3 way link exchange a second class website is always involved..
    A complete waste of time.
    It is not always so. Suppose a PR3 site gets the offer to backlink to a PR2 site and, in return, a PR4 site backlinks to the PR3 site, then both PR2 and PR3 sites have benefit.


    Nandakishore
    Online Casino Newsroom

  9. #9
    GamblersHeaven is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    678
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Yes, there is benefit if you know who you are doing the 3 way exchange with. Most of the emails you receive offering 3 way exchanges are a waste of time though. At least the one's I receive are.

  10. #10
    Mahmud is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    well, i get lots of email, about 3 way link exchange, but i dont really wana do with a stranger.
    i do link exchange who i know. caz i have had bad experience in past

  11. #11
    1casinoguide is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    I agree with "gamblersland", 3 way exchanges sent via an email are almost guarantee a waste of time, and mostly dishonest ones anyway. Everytime I get one of these emails, it is always a webmaster that wants a link of his rank3/4 on my PR4 site and offer me in exchange a link on a PR0 or 1 site or/and on a links farm, or, the ultimate insult, a page that is not even linked to the homepage nor to any other pages, like other webmaters are not aware that would not be profitable for their own sites and are ready to do any exchange: in other words, they expect that other webmasters are complete idiots.

    And to be honest, I do not bother much anymore about links exchange at all, I have put some instructions online asking to put the backlink first BEFORE contacting me (It took me a while in the beginning to understand the concept of links exchange, I was really naive and thought that all webmasters are honest people...), but still most of them ignore these instructions, especially the ones asking for a 3 way exchange, and email first with their link asking to add it first, etc... As I said some think that they are cleaver, ready to fool us all, thinking that all the others are complete imbeciles!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •