Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    scattermeter's Avatar
    scattermeter is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    June 2026
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Arrow [DISCUSSION] Would you rather buy an affiliate site or build one from scratch?

    I've been thinking about this lately. Buying an established affiliate site can save a lot of time since it may already have rankings, backlinks, and revenue. But there's always the risk of hidden issues like declining traffic, poor-quality links, or overinflated earnings.
    Building from scratch gives you full control, but it also means waiting months (or even years) before seeing meaningful results.

    For those who've bought or sold websites:
    • Would you rather buy or build?
    • What's the first thing you check before buying a site?
    • Have you ever had a purchase that turned out to be a great investment or a complete disaster?


    Curious to hear what experienced affiliates think. Has your opinion changed over the last few years?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    GlobalPokerSites's Avatar
    GlobalPokerSites is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2024
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    Depends on why they're selling!

    I think most people selling sites are doing so because of declining traffic/revenue or they've reached a point where it's just not worth it for them financially. There would be a lot of duds being sold. Can still be worth it, just depends on the buyers existing business.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to GlobalPokerSites For This Useful Post:

    scattermeter (9 July 2026)

  4. #3
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    2,682
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    My very first site in 2005 was bought from an existing affiliate then I learned a lot of things about coding ,seo etc from their site .It was a bingo site and I made myself a casino version of it which i still have now . Back then I paid $4600 for it .

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to casinobonusguy For This Useful Post:

    scattermeter (9 July 2026)

  6. #4
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    My first thought was that I would rather build it, but I think it depends heavily. There are several factors I would consider: my skills, my budget, and how fast I want (or need) to start seeing some revenue... Regarding the things to check, I would like to know the domain age and the main traffic sources, as well as to double-check the ownership and get access to their analytics.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to NoDepositCasinos For This Useful Post:

    scattermeter (9 July 2026)

  8. #5
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,413
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    I think now it's best to buiy soemthign that has some kind of ranking as it's easier to increase it than get a look in at google with a brand new site. Actually when somethign new comes into the top results its nearly always a bought and repurposed domain never a fresh site.


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    scattermeter (9 July 2026)

  10. #6
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    I built this in 30 minutes,,, testing my new platform all in next JS 800 casinos 20K slots all unique reviews NOT from AI

    https://www.casinocodes.co
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to allfreechips For This Useful Post:

    scattermeter (9 July 2026)

  12. #7
    fonzi1022 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 44 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Most of the time I would prefer to build but if the right site comes along, buying is a great option.
    Come and visit me at Online Casinos 247 where we review the top Real Money Online Casinos.
    Make sure to top by USA No Deposit Casinos if you want to learn about US facing casinos.
    The best Australian Casino Bonuses are money makers for players.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to fonzi1022 For This Useful Post:

    scattermeter (9 July 2026)

  14. #8
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    2,682
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allfreechips View Post
    I built this in 30 minutes,,, testing my new platform all in next JS 800 casinos 20K slots all unique reviews NOT from AI

    https://www.casinocodes.co
    the URL is not working

  15. #9
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    Does from everywhere else but your place I think
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  16. #10
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    In the early days I bought a competitor's site for a few hundred quid, thought it was a bargain until I added it to my google webmaster tools (as it was) account and found it had a manual penalty - lesson quickly learned!

  17. #11
    ChRR is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2018
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    I think most sell at the peak , thats what I'd do, but also in my case for example the reason would be TIME, for example I have a site live for like 8 years, have built it, and never had time to focus on it due to the other projects, no manual penalties , super domain and so on ... I rarely have time for it and I update it yearly nowadays haha....

  18. #12
    dumindu is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    May 2026
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    It depends.

    Building an website from the scratch is the easiest way but it could take time to get ranked in search engines.

    If a website has quality content and good backlinks I would prefer to buy it. But most of the times, such websites are getting sold beyond my budget. Therefore, I couldn't buy site.

  19. #13
    CasinosBroker's Avatar
    CasinosBroker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2021
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    585
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 123 Times in 112 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scattermeter View Post
    I've been thinking about this lately. Buying an established affiliate site can save a lot of time since it may already have rankings, backlinks, and revenue. But there's always the risk of hidden issues like declining traffic, poor-quality links, or overinflated earnings.
    Building from scratch gives you full control, but it also means waiting months (or even years) before seeing meaningful results.

    For those who've bought or sold websites:
    • Would you rather buy or build?
    • What's the first thing you check before buying a site?
    • Have you ever had a purchase that turned out to be a great investment or a complete disaster?


    Curious to hear what experienced affiliates think. Has your opinion changed over the last few years?

    Thanks!
    Hey,

    To answer your questions, in my opinion:


    • If you already have the knowledge to run an affiliate business/website, know SEO, and know how to operate & stay organized... and of course you have the budget, I'd go with acquiring.
    • SEO profile, if affiliate website traffic is based purely on SEO. If there is no SEO knowledge for the buyer, but he still wants to acquire an iGaming SEO affiliate business & has the budget, I'd hire a good SEO person - again, adding a bit of cost to the overall operation.
    • Yes, had a few acquisitions which turned to be a very good investment and a few operations turned out to be a mistake.


    But guess what? we're all learning from our mistakes. Which is good; we're acquire more experience.
    Looking to buy or sell iGaming sites?
    Get in touch today!
    www.CasinosBroker.com
    WhatsApp: +40-757-953-988

  20. #14
    Spindex's Avatar
    Spindex is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2026
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I'd build. It takes longer, but you know exactly how the site's been built and don't inherit someone else's SEO problems. If I were buying, the first thing I'd check is whether the traffic is actually growing naturally and where the backlinks came from.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •