Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default New "Site Link" Feature in Webmaster's Tools

    I just found a cool new upgrade for Google's Webmaster's Tools.

    Now when you check out your sitelinks they give you which of your pages is associated with sitelinks and how many.

    Check it out, because up until now it has been trial and error to determine which of your pages has them..

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I don't understand where you see this additional information.

    I just checked one of my site that they have sitelinks assigned to and see no additional info.

    I read the help for that section and the help does not mention it either.

    Could you elaborate a bit?

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  3. #3
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Its when your listed with more than one set of sitelinks.

    For example when you have your 8 sitelinks on the homepage, but another term for you qualifies for them, but using a different set than the original..

    At least thats what I'm gathering from ours.

    it will say (/being homepage)

    / - 8 sitelinks
    this-is-another-page/ - 5 sitelinks

    a link will be embeded within the number and sitelinks for you to view which links you have
    Last edited by ck8795; 14 August 2009 at 3:56 pm.

  4. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I understand what sitelinks are, but I see no changes in the way Google Webmaster Tools show them to us.

    I wish we could control them more (or at least make recommendations etc...)

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  5. #5
    bbonline's Avatar
    bbonline is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    339
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I don't understand where you see this additional information.

    I just checked one of my site that they have sitelinks assigned to and see no additional info.

    I read the help for that section and the help does not mention it either.

    Could you elaborate a bit?

    Rick
    Universal4
    Me as well. Would you be kind if you put on the link about this new webmaster tool thingy Sir? Thanks in advance.

    Gregory.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I understand what sitelinks are, but I see no changes in the way Google Webmaster Tools show them to us.

    I wish we could control them more (or at least make recommendations etc...)

    Rick
    Universal4
    Rick, It's wierd. Maybe for some reason my site "changed" somehow to allow more than one page to have sitelinks, thus the thread. I thought it was a global change.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •