I use Facebook and Twitter, and picking up people at a good rate.
Anyone else in the UK use facebook for signups?
Its a little cut throat though, which is scary!!
I use Facebook and Twitter, and picking up people at a good rate.
Anyone else in the UK use facebook for signups?
Its a little cut throat though, which is scary!!
Starting to put more effort into using it, but far from being an expert at this stage. Interested to hear your experiences though. In what way is it cut-throat do you think?
Loads of effort going in, sign ups coming in and going well!
People trying to hack your page, abusing each others pages.
I try and stay out of it
I have some good tipsters working on pages though
Hacking? Wow, yeah that is pretty underhand. By abusing I guess you mean posting negative stuff or their own links etc? Bit sad but to be expected I guess, from people who have nothing better to do or would rather do something negative to others rather than something positive for themselves.
In any case I'm not deterred. It's definitely something I want to pursue further.
Yeah facebook is a huge market, know most of the good guys doing it.
Takes alot of time though![]()
All good things take time, I'm sure it'll be worth it! Hope you continue to do well also and thanks for the tips.
Hi Gillies,
How long did it take you to become established? I started a tipster page on facebook for over a month now but likes are hard to come by and interaction is minimal to be honest! Any advice appreciated, thanks
Niall
Anyone monetizing casino or sports from the US?
Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.
Hi SLIM, Post your URL over here at https://www.gpwa.org/forum/facebook-...hlight=my+page and then we can all swap/generate a few more likes for you
Most of my accounts/pages are football related and I've got a handful with over 1k. I find the best way to get more followers is to ask questions in your posts, people love to give their opinions.
I've also noticed alot of people putting their affiliate links on Facebook and Twitter lately and have always wondered if that breaks the affiliate programs terms and conditions, as I can't seem to find anything that says it does. This is something I need to look into as I have a couple of great ideas that I could take advantage of with my Facebook pages.
TinShed (19 July 2013)
Thanks Luke, I've had some success doing this with amazon over the last year so will give it ago this season and see how things go.
For social media advice I've always been a huge fan of Dan Zarella, you can check out his site at http://danzarrella.com/
He's very big on dismissing the SocialMedia Guru/Smoke&Mirrors/BS stuff and takes a thoroughly scientific approach by analysing data sets of hindreds of thousands of tweets and posts.
If you're wondering how to construct a post to generate likes, provoke responses, push readers to click etc etc then I would recommend checking out his work.
For example, posts that contain exclamation marks will generate more retweets but fewer clicks: http://danzarrella.com/infographic-e...er-clicks.html
What's the best time of the day to tweet to get the biggest response? http://danzarrella.com/infographic-w...-to-blog.html#
casinoplanet (11 August 2013), DanHorvat (2 May 2014), TheGooner (19 July 2013), TinShed (19 July 2013)
Thanks Hodgey for both your recent posts.
Anthony-Coral (22 July 2013)
There is a lot of potential in Facebook IMO
Hello there! I'm new in this thread. I'm personally handling our FB Page and other social media sites. I'd like to share with you what worked for us, (and still working), as well as some of the challenges we've encountered along the way.
Yes, handling and managing an FB page takes time. We started way back in 2009, and to date, we have 12,000+ likes. It's not because of some magic but pure hard work. I'm pretty confident some of you can even surpass this, because back then, we haven't really figured out what's the best way to handle an FB Page. Now, there are a lot of tools to guide you/us.
My two cents:
1.) Know your audience. The Facebook Insights tool could help you in gaining awareness about your community. It gives you information about the age, gender, demographics, and location of your fans. Say, majority of your fans are male, what would they be most likely to talk about or what would interest them? Or, are most of them living in a different country? Determine the time zones and know the best time to post so you could better reach them.
IF, you don't have a community yet (or you haven't established it yet) better add the people you intend to communicate with. These would be your solid base. Start from the people in your organization, and not just some random people. They key is the quality of the fans and not the quantity.
2.) Make an effort to regularly update your FB Page, but do so in a timely manner, meaning do not spam. Create a plan on what to post on a daily basis.
3.) Ask questions. Be very interested in what your fans have to say. The key is LISTENING in the conversation. During the first few months of managing our FB Page, we could barely get people to TALK, and engage with us. There are a lot of factors why this is happening. They could either be shy or just plain observing and waiting for others to comment. Engaging on FB for the first time is like talking to a stranger! So recognize that they are a bit shy at first. Next time you post, make it really interesting, provoking or stimulating that they would really want to comment. Facebook is all about conversations, and interaction. It's not like the traditional media that is linear in communication.
That's all for now! I welcome everyone's questions. I may not have the answers to all of them, but at least we could talk about it and try to come up with better ideas.![]()
calvinayre.com (16 August 2013)
Thank you, TinShed.
Some very interesting opinions on this post! I think that social media have a lot of potential but it depends how you are using them, why you using them and what are you trying to achieve. Is it conversions, is it brand awareness or is it engagement? You can use it for everything but this means you have loads of time, loads of money and loads of patience for results...Operators probably have most of them... but i am not sure affiliates do. For some affiliates social media could be a good conversion tool while for others a good way to build a community.
www.bestuklivecasinos.co.uk - Live Casino Reviews and Games |livecasinos.gr - Everything about live casinos for Greek Players| froutakiaonline.gr
I haven't got any affiliate sign ups from social media, but I have gained members on my poker forum from social networking.