Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    thomasandreas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2017
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Blog Offers - Too many offers Reducing My PA & DA?

    Hi guys,
    Would really appreciate some assistance.
    Previously, I would only present my casino offers (with casino links obviously) on the top/main pages.

    However, about 3 month ago I decided that because some of my blog post are ranking for certain longer tail keywords (and do receive a little bit of traffic), I began putting 2-3 casino offer (with casino links) in each of the blog posts with the hopes of being able to convert some of that traffic straight on the blog.

    So for the bad and maybe the good.
    #1. I know that I actually have a bit of traffic on the different blog posts. However, I don't know if they are actually clicking on the casino offers on the blog post. Is there a way to check that?

    #2. I have recently seen a decline in my PA and DA. and a small decline in keyword ranking for my short tail keyword. So my question is now, could this be because I now have a lot more outgoing links to different websites? Given that my blog post also contains outgoing casino links.

    I am sure other of you have also done/do blog offers etc, and it be nice if I could have your comments, suggestions and thoughts on the matter. Is there a trade-off, is there an optimal balance between when and when not to put links in blogs... anyways sorry I am rumbling now.

    Would really appreciate some help and thoughts on this.

    Thanks a lot!

    Best Regards
    Thomas

  2. #2
    Ares's Avatar
    Ares is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2014
    Posts
    177
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Good question. None has a definitive answer. Use common sense. Don't overdo it. Think of user experience.

  3. #3
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,899
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 768 Posts

    Default

    #1 you should see the incoming traffic on your affiliate dashboard. You could use tracking tools or affiliate link cloaking plugins (WP) with tracking?
    #2 DA/PA is so important because you want to sell links? Otherwise are such metrics just a business for Moz & Co. Nothing more.

    Surely possible that advertisements the user behavior change, which could hurt your rankings indirect. A reason why i place adds immediately.

  4. #4
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,412
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    if you are creating blog posts with the same keywords and similar titles to money pages then you may find that those pages are fighting for the rankings and google will keep dropping and changing the url you rank for until it understands which is your most important page, DA PA really means nothing especially with the way Google scores sites in 2018, most importantly is your traffic growing?


  5. #5
    Catfish is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2017
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    if you are creating blog posts with the same keywords and similar titles to money pages then you may find that those pages are fighting for the rankings and google will keep dropping and changing the url you rank for until it understands which is your most important page, DA PA really means nothing especially with the way Google scores sites in 2018, most importantly is your traffic growing?
    Agree. I have had a situation where I disavowed a lot of links, and PA/DA for my sites went down considerably, but traffic actually increased. So, I would not pay too much attention to PA DA metrics. Maybe you could split test individual pages with/without ads, and monitor changes in traffic for said pages?

  6. #6
    themidfield is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2017
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    I don't have a very high DA for my site at 24 however I manage to outrank some larger site for high volume keywords. Take DA with a grain of salt IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •