Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: FireFox Bug

  1. #1
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default FireFox Bug

    Can't rightly recall when this first commenced, but every time I open a Google map, then close the browser, only to open later, regardless if that's 3 min or an hour later, it doesn't happen.

    Instead get a pop up on desktop saying, FireFox is still running, and subsequently closes itself down, and then finally opens afresh.

    Anyone else experiencing this issue?

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Hmmm, I saw some weird stuff the other day when viewing maps linked from craigs list, but assumed it was from CL, but maybe it was the maps.

    Sounds like something is not closing after you close the maps and FF think itself is running a session.

    Do you have any of the maps extensions installed?

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (13 August 2019)

  4. #3
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    My FireFox browser has been slow to load, sluggish and regularly crashes when I try to view live data in general. I'm not sure what's going on with it, but I find Chrome to be a far better choice.
    Last edited by sweetbet; 13 August 2019 at 7:20 pm.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Do you have any of the maps extensions installed?
    No Rick, nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbet View Post
    My FireFox browser has been slow to load, sluggish and regularly crashes when I try to view live data in general.

    Aside from this issue, FF works fantastic for me. Super fast, and doesn't crash ever. Funny, I find Chrome sluggish... go figure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •