Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Redirection Question

    I had a news section on my one website but my database was lost so I made a new and have to start over building the news section of my website. As a result I changed the url and looking for a way to redirect all the old urls to the new base url. So in essence I want to change everything that starts with /casino-news/ to redirect to just /news/. I have tried to Google the answer but cant find what I am looking for. I know I probably have to use a wild card which I am unfamiliar with.

    Can anyone give me the code to put in my htaccess file? Again I want "casino-news" and everything after that (ex. casino-news/abc/ and casino-news/123/ and so) to redirect to "news". I know I do not need to redirect every single page but I am unsure how to do it.

    Thanks!
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    citizen42's Avatar
    citizen42 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 72 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    RedirectMatch 301 ^/casino-news/.*$ https://YOURDOMAIN.com/news

    This will redirect https://YOURDOMAIN.com/casino-news/ANYTHING to https://YOURDOMAIN.com/news/
    Make sure to replace https://YOURDOMAIN.com with your domain name.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to citizen42 For This Useful Post:

    DaftDog (21 August 2018), elgoog (20 August 2018), TravG (19 August 2018)

  4. #3
    elgoog's Avatar
    elgoog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    851
    Thanks
    575
    Thanked 306 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    @Levon, good to have good new members
    Last edited by elgoog; 20 August 2018 at 8:12 am.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to elgoog For This Useful Post:

    citizen42 (20 August 2018)

  6. #4
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    That worked - Thanks!
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  7. #5
    citizen42's Avatar
    citizen42 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 72 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    You're welcome.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to citizen42 For This Useful Post:

    elgoog (20 August 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •