Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,996
    Thanks
    4,544
    Thanked 9,298 Times in 5,982 Posts

    Default For the star gazers and sky watchers - how to view Comet Neowise

    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/catc...155100986.html

    Comet Neowise making an appearance.

    It should be visible from much of the northern hemisphere most nights but brightest July 22nd.


    Don't worry, if you miss it you can catch it when it returns in around 6800 years.

    Rick
    Universal4

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (15 July 2020)

  3. #2
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    9,156
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    I really like astronomy, Rick. I've always been very fascinated with it ever since I was a child.

    There's so much out there that we don't know about and yet to be discovered and there's a lot that goes beyond human understanding.

    Just the thought of space having no limits is mind boggling in itself. Not to mention the fact that there are suns much bigger than ours. The star, VY Canis Majoris, is pretty much 2000 times bigger than our sun.
    Last edited by Cash Bonus; 15 July 2020 at 9:08 pm.

  4. #3
    Strider1973's Avatar
    Strider1973 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 268 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    It should be visible from much of the northern hemisphere most nights but brightest March 22nd.
    I'm sure you wanted to say July, I wonder what made your thoughts write March
    "Semper paratus!"
    My BTC Address: 1F11EJvSAab5vMQgGWGQMASr9T7LCkZjvb

  5. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,996
    Thanks
    4,544
    Thanked 9,298 Times in 5,982 Posts

    Default

    ha....good catch....

    Darn was disappointed the cloud cover from the evening storm we had was too thick and couldn't see it tonight, and it was also a failure when I went back to March....LOL

    Rick
    Universal4

    /date edited

  6. #5
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Thanks, will check it out. We just got our first telescope, 140x, found Vega and Jupiter so far.
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

  7. #6
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,996
    Thanks
    4,544
    Thanked 9,298 Times in 5,982 Posts

    Default

    Cool Dan,

    I recall also seeing an article that, if I am recalling it correctly, there should be 5 planets visible some time in the next week or so.

    Not sure of the geographic regions or anything but a few quick search would determine that.

    Rick
    Universal4

  8. #7
    Nenad is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2019
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 155 Times in 128 Posts

    Default

    That's what I've found:

    "Before sunrise on July 19 (which is Sunday), as many as five planets -- Mercury, Mars, Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn -- and the crescent moon would all be visible in the sky at the same time. And you would not even need a telescope to see them."

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nenad For This Useful Post:

    Renee (23 July 2020)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •